Lurker thanks you all

acornSeptember 30, 2006

I have been lurking on this forum since all my clothes shrank, I have no idea how that happened. I only had two pair of pants I could still zip. The knees went out on one. I work at a feed store and was loading bales of straw in a truck when my pants caught on the tailgate and the whole bottom ripped out. I would have called my dh to bring me a change but I knew I wouldn't be able to zip any he brought so I walked backwards (not easy when you are carring 50-70 lb sacks lol) all day. I bought a scale and lo and behold I gained 14 lb. I started lurking on this forum and lost it. I learned alot from ww/ss and enjoyed the love and support you give here. Thank you, thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trekaren

Congratulations!

14 lb gone is definitely going to make you feel better and have more energy.

For me it'd be at least one pants size.

That's inspiring!

Do you have any tips for success that have worked for you?

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 1:38PM
acorn

You inspired me, Lunchlady could be my mentor, it is just food choices. If you go off track there is another day to make other choices. I realized this should be applied to other issues in life, thanks for the reminder.

I discovered what a portion was, I guess I forgot. I left off cheese when it wasn't needed. Fruit is a good snack, so are those 100 cal pacs. Non fat yougert mixed with ranch powder is good in baked potatoes(half a potato is enough lol) and as a veggie dip.

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 4:28PM
lunchlady1948

WOW!! Acorn I am flattered:) I do very well if I do no dairy and little to none salty foods~~~I really bloat from both:(

LOL!!! About your pants been there done that!!! I have worn the inside upper thigh part of my pants out:( When I had to start using a rubber band to give me some extra give on side elastic jeans for work I knew I needed help!

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 7:28PM
trekaren

That's a great tip about the baked potatoes.
What is ranch powder? Where is it found? Is it in the spice aisle?

Bookmark   October 2, 2006 at 7:50AM
lunchlady1948

TK maybe it is found with the salad dressings, you can make your own ranch dressing they sell it in a dry form or maybe by the chips where the powdered dips are.

Bookmark   October 2, 2006 at 12:07PM
RuthieG__TX

I am going to try the ranch dressing mix thing...and it is sold with the regular bottled dressings....that's a really good tip...I wonder what the calorie/points are for the stuff...going to try it for sure...

Bookmark   October 3, 2006 at 9:11AM
More Discussions
green coffee extract anyone?
I saw recently on TV Dr. Oz talking about green coffee...
vieja_gw
Atkins Diet Treat
I am hoping this little treat helps someone. I know...
sameboat
WANTED -Weight loss buddy
Hello i am looking for a weight loss buddy. Just someone...
jennybog
Weekly Support 13 - 19 Oct
Hi Everyone, I've been MIA after this weekend. Yesterday...
mcpeg
the fast diet
i'm trying it with great optimism....really makes sense...
mmajicmann
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™