SeaSilver - Does anyone know if it is good?

hayjud_mnJune 14, 2003

My DH heard a add for this liquid supplement on the radio (seasilver) and thinks it sounds better then taking the many vitamins we take each day.

Are any of you familiar with it. It looks like it costs about $40 a month. That is a bit high! It would be a lot easier then taking pills all the time.

I read some of the entries at Google, but I would like to hear from "real" people who take it.

Hayjud

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

It's a fraud! If you take a serious look at the "research", much of what they claim it will do is not possible and the rest is unsupported by any testing.

"SEASILVER cleanses your vital organs, purifies your blood and lymphatics, nourishes your body at the cellular level, oxygenates the tissues and cells of your body, and strengthens your immune system."

This is pure techno-babble ... lots of fine-sounding words, but absolutely meaningless if you evaluate it with any knowledge of human physiology and cell

If you are taking "many" each day and talking about "pills all the time", you are probably overdosing on something. The national-brand vitamin or mineral supplements, as sold in any drugstore or supermarket, are more than adequate, and that's the latest NIH recommendation.

Here is a link that might be useful: SeaSilver Claims Analysis

Bookmark   June 15, 2003 at 8:27AM
lazy_gardens

"SEASILVER contains every known antioxidant, ionic mineral, vitamin, enzyme, essential fatty acid (Vitamin F),"

There are THOUSANDS of different enzymes known, so the claim to have every one is clearly fradulent (or that's one heck of a BIG bottle). Also, most of them would be destroyed by the acid in the stomach immediately after you took a dose. And "Essential fatty acid" is not a single thing, there are several essential fatty acids.

The MD they have on their board, Daniel G. Clark, had his Florida medical license revoked in 1983 for unprofessional practice. ...

Bookmark   June 15, 2003 at 8:34AM
hayjud_mn

Thank you lazygardens, I thought it may be, but wanted to hear from someone else. After I posted this I went to one of the sites on Google and clicked on business oportunities. That made it quite clear.
Thanks again, Hayjud

Bookmark   June 15, 2003 at 9:24PM
More Discussions
Yoga and weight loss II
Hi everyone! Since the thread closed I thought I'd...
georgia_girl
Lifestyle Changes
Hey everyone. My husband and I are in the middle of...
bigbaby
Which brand of canned pineapple has least tin-can-taste?
To me there's a very strong tin can odor in canned...
jally
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
Abtronic.... and the verdict on this is?
I just saw this on TV. Any feedback on this? Saw the...
TinaNY
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™