body mass

joe_mnJune 17, 2011

male. 25yrs old. 215lbs. 14% body fat. lift weights 4 times week. not much cardio. do bike a lot though in summer. went on 6 week extreme diet. got down to 190lbs. looked ok i thought. did not check BF. over the next 6 months i went back to regular weight. am 215 again. i think most of weight loss was water. some fat, some muscle. i think a super fast diet is misleading. not really true fat loss. does my theory sound right?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colorcrazy

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Extreme diets only work on a temporary basis and can even jeopardize your health. Eating complex carbs, veggies, fruit, and beans, nuts, fish, etc. for protein is the way to lose weight. No sugar, not even the artificial kind, no white bread, rice, or potatoes,lots of water, limit processed foods, and no fried foods.

You did not say how tall you are. If you are 5'5" 190 pounds is still too heavy.

You need to balance the weights with cardio and a healthy diet. Also, your muscles need to rest - usually 40+ hours after lifting weights. Either do it every other day or do upper body one day and lower body the next.

Good luck!

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 7:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joe_mn

i am 6-1. have 53" shoulders. 49" chest. 34" waist. i rarely do leg work. since my upper body is big, i can get away with having a soft middle. i have a hard time staying away from carbs.

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 4:30PM
More Discussions
Do Ab Machines Shown on TV Really Work? - Report from ABC News
This was at ABC News' website... Friday December 14...
MrsJim
Elliptical owners-AFG4.1ae
I have just purchased one of these machines and am...
BatocheBob
Broke leg --so how to lose weight without exercise?
I am bedridden for awhile...am 70 pounds overweight...
momofanna
Abtronic.... and the verdict on this is?
I just saw this on TV. Any feedback on this? Saw the...
TinaNY
Food expiration date
Is the 2 yr limit valid on canned food? Our garage...
joe_mn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™