50th Birthday GAG Gifts

aka_raeanneJuly 8, 2003

I have been invited to a surprise 50th birthday party and the invite said to bring gag gifts only. She happens to be a dear "old" friend and of course I will be giving her a nice gift, but need ideas for the gags. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hailie419

Did you get any responses or have the party yet?? If so can you share some ideas with me? My brother will be 50 in Sept & I am also looking for a great gag gift. TIA Wendy

Bookmark   July 20, 2003 at 3:09PM
mariend

50 pennies, 50 pieces of candy all one color, go to your local dollar store and just look around.
A kids coloring book, color crayons, if they have a great sense of humor, a booklet on how to clean house, repair a car etc.
Wendy--what hobbies does your brother like--cars?? look in the toy section
I am sure once you get started looking you will find all you want.
Marie

Bookmark   July 20, 2003 at 10:08PM
mitchdesj

hemoroid cream, arthritis rub, giant bottle of tylenol, etc....
depends undergarments....

turning 50 is no gag, you do need all of this !!!!

Bookmark   July 21, 2003 at 10:38AM
enjayare

Top 10 Over Fifty Party Games

1. Musical Recliners

9. Spin the Bottle of Mylanta

8. Hide and Go Pee

7. Simon Says Something Incoherent

6. Doc, Doc Goose

5. Red Rover, Red Rover,
the Nurse Says Bend Over

4. Kick the Bucket

3. 20 Questions Shouted
into your Good Ear

2. Pin the Toupee on the Bald Guy

.. and the #1 Over 50 Party Game

1. Sag! You're it!

Bookmark   July 25, 2003 at 10:37PM
hailie419

That is a cute game, what I ended up doing was going on ebay & typing in 50th birthday, had lots of hits. Got my brother Mr. Potato head 50th b-day, it is Mr Potato head with happy 50th birthday on it. Also got some Adult gag gifts there. Wendy

Bookmark   July 27, 2003 at 6:59AM
aka_raeanne

I just read this and hope you didn't have the party yet. I took a beautiful flower pot and filled it with 50 lollipops, complete with a ribbon bow and a florist fork with a card that said 50 SUCKS. The gift was nice and a gag at the same time. I used those long lollipops that are in the shape of flowers and I had to put sandy in the bottom of the pot to weigh it down. It was really pretty and funny.

Bookmark   September 12, 2003 at 4:18PM
mitchdesj

aka, great idea, I wish someone had given me that for my 50th birthday....

Bookmark   September 13, 2003 at 5:49PM
fredsmith

I am a bowler and from nudebowlingparty.com. my nephews got me NUDE BOWLING PARTY I guess it was on David Letterman show he must have used lpts of fuzz stuff, it is very funny with beautiful women you can see a clip at the web sit check it out it's a good gag gift for a bowler Fred Smith

Bookmark   May 10, 2006 at 7:58PM
floresbonitas

oh... ther's a lot of great ideas here... I might just have to host a growing old party... just to exploit these FUN ideas.

Anyway, Does she like chocolate? Crazy Lady Candy offers hilarious chocolate treats just for women. I was given a box of Chocolates for Menopause last year. What a treat!

I'm not sure what stores carry them but you can find Crazy Lady Candy online at www.crazyladycandy.com.

Bookmark   July 14, 2006 at 9:46AM
Iowagal

I got a big bottle of prune juice and a nice champagne glass wrapped in pretty ribbon for my birthday. Still makes me chuckle.

Bookmark   August 11, 2006 at 12:45AM
sherlew

12 rose stems, roll prunes in glitter glue and stick on the ends of the rose stems. I arranged them in a clear vase and painted Happy 50th Birthday on it and decorated with ribbons and such. Also added a "50's" t-shirt and had everone at the party sign it.

Bookmark   August 21, 2006 at 5:36PM
sandymae

I put together a menopause gift basket for a girlfriend of mine... featuring some FUN gift items found at www.flashionables.com. Everyone laughed.

You must add a box of Crazy Lady Candy's Chocolates for Menopause. They're always a HIT.

I had soooo much fun with this. I'll see if I can figure out how to add a link to flashionables.com. Forgive me if it doesn't work.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.flashionables.com

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 2:37PM
gellchom

That is a terrific site, sandymae. Thanks for sharing it.

I am not so crazy about gag gifts, usually, but these are nice -- not useless, wasteful, insulting, or morbid.

Of course, my opinion may be colored by the fact that *I* am turning 50 in July!

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 12:00PM
ah1972

I thought these were funny:
http://www.cafepress.com/50yrs_olderthan
They are t-shirts and mugs and stuff that list things that the person is older than - like the Lava Lamp and Prozac.

Here is a link that might be useful: Older Than Prozac

Bookmark   May 27, 2010 at 11:59AM
ysop1016

I found a Happy Birthday necktie on E-Bay. Just type "Happy Birthday necktie" in the search box.

Bookmark   May 30, 2010 at 2:11PM
More Discussions
High School Graduation Party
We are planning my DD's HS graduation party and I was...
crystal01
Adult party games wanted
Anyone know of games to play at adult only parties?...
good36
Awkward Baby Shower - Did I Handle It Correctly?
We've all experienced strange party situations, but...
Karen10125
guests who just won't leave
I couldn't find a thread on this topic, so here goes... I...
swampwitch
Guests always bring along a dog
How would you handle this? My wifes long time friend...
Don_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™