Eat breakfast before exercising?

marie26May 13, 2007

I just purchased an eliptical trainer and plan to use it for 30 minutes first thing each morning. Should I eat breakfast before working out? If I shouldn't eat a full breakfast, what type of food (if any) should I be eating and can I eat it just prior to exercising? Since I don't like water, I will be forcing myself to drink it while on the machine.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devorah

I use an elliptical in the morning and I eat first. I don't know that it matters particularly if you eat before or after if you aren't prone to low blood sugar. I eat first because I am diabetic and exercise helps me to process my breakfast. If I wait, I lose much of the value of the exercise and I get so hungry that I eat too much to compensate. My neighbor does elliptical first, shower second, and breakfast third and that works for her.

Bookmark   May 14, 2007 at 1:31AM
sinead

I eat fruit for breakfast before exercising for more energy.

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 9:43PM
anathema

Eating before a workout can cause you to vomit.I usually have a glass of milk and something small such as a piece of fruit or a muffin. The milk keeps me hydrated and full. I also bake some muffins and freeze them. That way I can just defrost one or two in the morning.

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 7:30PM
More Discussions
patellofemoral syndrome, knee pain questions
Does anyone here have patellofemoral syndrome, which...
bug_girl
Anyone using Fitbit pedometers?
Just bought the Fitbit One clip-on pedometer. I have...
snowglobe
Do you own a masticating juicer?
Just bought an Omega and I was wondering if you peel...
msrose
Which brand of canned pineapple has least tin-can-taste?
To me there's a very strong tin can odor in canned...
jally
How to exercise with broken foot?
I came back from a wonderful trip. I had been in pretty...
linnea56
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™