What's Your Favorite Exercise??

Pam_SewsAlotMay 22, 2005

Hi Everyone!

I've been working out everyday. I walk, ride my bike, and work out to tapes. I think my favorite is the walking. It just puts me in a good mood to get out of the house and kick it up to a good brisk pace.

My DIL likes to bike most of all. We like to keep changing activities so we can always look forward to the next exercise.

What's your favorite?? Do you switch exercises often or basically stay with the same one? Maybe if we could post our favorites we could get some ideas for new ones.

Pam.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pam_SewsAlot

Well...obviously it's not exercising to post on this board! GEEEZZZZZZ! Is no one interested anymore???

Bookmark   May 23, 2005 at 11:09AM
Jillofall

Okay, I'm new. I have an assortment of favorites. I love gardening, if you want to call that an exercise. I also enjoy hiking and climbing. Climbing can be anything from a steep trail to technical rope climbing. Not sure why I like it, but I like to go up. Also, the return is so nice since you can get your breath back going down hill. I can almost enjoy biking, but I don't like the actual physicals moves required.
--Kris

Bookmark   May 23, 2005 at 1:58PM
dazyjune

Well, I have to say, I love working out at the gym. The machines,plus, dumb bells, bar bells, and the elliptical trainers!

Unfortunately this forum is very slow!!

Maybe it's because everyone is too busy working out! LOL!

Bookmark   May 23, 2005 at 11:06PM
Bonilyn

I find that since I have joined two step classes and one ballet/dance workout, that I tend to workout harder and longer then if left on my own. It motivates me to work out at least three times a week.

Bookmark   May 24, 2005 at 4:40PM
joann23456

Well, I like to walk, but I mostly enjoy strolling along, talking with a friend.

I don't really consider exercise fun - it's just necessary work. I used to love tennis and hiking, but my knees and feet are too bad to do these nowadays.

Bookmark   May 25, 2005 at 12:34AM
sissyz

Pam
Which tape do you like?
I cannot tolerate some of the new ones, the strip tease and the fighting guy, that's too much for me.
I would like to get some new ones, but right now, I work out to 1988 Denise Austin and 1989 Kathy Smith.
Kathy is better for cardio, but Denise is just so sweet and encouraging! She is always soooo proud of me!!
When I bought these, my knees were not an issue, but I cannot do a lunge, now!
Sissy

Bookmark   June 3, 2005 at 9:10PM
Purple_Jade

I like doing step videos for cardio and lifting weights in my basement for toning. I have a huge collection of exercise videos, all different levels, and really like Gilad, Karen Voigt, Carrie Anderson, cathe friedrich just to mention a few.
I have an exercise bike and ride that in the evenings sometimes, but really have a lot more fun learning different step videos.

Bookmark   June 20, 2005 at 12:10PM
dog_mom

I love Jazzercise! Cool music, cool moves, and if you find the right class with a good instructor and friendly classmates, it makes exercising feel like lunch with the girls!

Bookmark   July 30, 2005 at 11:58PM
diane_pa

For me it's Yoga, Qi Gong, and teaching a ballet class - each once a week, with a little streching at home.

Bookmark   September 15, 2005 at 9:30PM
jannie

Walking, because I take different routes and see all different sights.

Bookmark   November 3, 2005 at 12:14PM
goldensmom

Walking because my golden retrievers love it & we do 3 miles a day.

Bookmark   November 19, 2005 at 1:57PM
intherain

Walking and Pilates!

Sheryl

Bookmark   November 22, 2005 at 1:26AM
circle

I have recently discovered how much I enjoy walking with my dogs. I'm diligently trying to take these 1 hour walks, 4 days a week. My record hasn't been too shabby over the past 5 weeks.

Bookmark   November 26, 2005 at 8:36PM
Pam_SewsAlot

Seems to be lot's of walkers out there. I love doing the 3 mile Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone when it's nasty ourside. During nice weather, I have a route that I walk in our small community. It never fails though, I start out alone, but by the time I finish my laps, quite a few other ladies will join in. Some pushing a stroller, some walking their dog, I think everyone looks forward to our time out-and-about. We always have a good time on our walks.

Pam.

Bookmark   November 28, 2005 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
Do Ab Machines Shown on TV Really Work? - Report from ABC News
This was at ABC News' website... Friday December 14...
MrsJim
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
Which brand of canned pineapple has least tin-can-taste?
To me there's a very strong tin can odor in canned...
jally
patellofemoral syndrome, knee pain questions
Does anyone here have patellofemoral syndrome, which...
bug_girl
Anyone using Fitbit pedometers?
Just bought the Fitbit One clip-on pedometer. I have...
snowglobe
Sponsored Products
Flash Furniture Wood Restaurant Dining Side Chair
$148.10 | LuxeDecor
Birillo Shower Caddy by Alessi
$60.00 | Lumens
Grohe | Atrio Shower 3-Way Diverter Trim
$209.30 | YBath
Surya Bordeaux Octagons Area Rug - BRD6006-23
$117.60 | Hayneedle
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Four Seasons Ivory / Multi 5
Home Depot