My hot feet hate tennis shoes!

ginjjMay 6, 2008

I just joined the Y and plan to use their machines for strength training. They insist on a closed toed shoe. I was hoping to stop by after work but I know my feet will be screaming at me having been in shoes for 10 hours. I have always preferred sandals to closed toed shoes.

I'd like to find a closed toed shoe/ tennis shoe or whatever, that will keep my feet as cool as possible.

Thanks for any shoe ideas!

Ginny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
olympiceagle

You might consider calling Road Runner Sports (see link). They carry all kinds of athletic shoes, not just running shoes. Their customer service folks are extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. They will ask you all the right questions to help you make a selection. They also have an excellent return policy to insure proper fit. I have purchased all of my athletic and walking shoes from them for over 20 years and have never been disappointed. Your shoes will probably be your most important fitness item, so don't try to find something on the cheap. You'll appreciate their expert advice. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Road Runner Sports

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 10:33PM
socks

I assume you'll be switching shoes at the gym if you go after work. Put on fresh socks, give each foot a quick massage (helps a lot), and put on the best-fitting athletic shoes you can find. Don't get them too tight, and try them on with the weight of sock you plan to use. I like Avia, but everyone's feet are different. A dash of foot powder wouldn't hurt either.

You can also try Coolmax socks which are moisture-wicking and help keep feet cool. Available on line and probably at sporting goods stores.

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 11:02PM
ginjj

Thanks so much for giving me those ideas! I will try them.
Ginny

Bookmark   May 9, 2008 at 12:51AM
deannabsd

Make sure that you are wearing tennis shoes that have the mesh parts to them. It will make a world of difference than those that are completely leather or vinyl. Also, invest in a good part of tennis shoes. I love New Balance, Saucony and Avias. Good luck. deanna

Bookmark   May 11, 2008 at 8:21AM
More Discussions
green tea for weight loss
Has anyone tried drinking green tea to lose weight?...
cheesecurlgurl
Anyone using Fitbit pedometers?
Just bought the Fitbit One clip-on pedometer. I have...
snowglobe
Help!
I have cancer and osteoporosis and have damage to lymph...
Dweezil
anti-aging
hello, looking for anti-aging products. Ideas?
tiggervan
Is it okay to drink coffee while on green juice fast?
Planning to do this green juice fast,veggie juicing...
starraffy
Sponsored Products
Self-stick Grey Carpet Tiles (120 Square Feet)
Overstock.com
Casablanca Ceiling Fans Ainsworth Gallery 54 in. Cottage White Ceiling Fan 54005
Home Depot
Emerald Home Vermont Ottoman - U3412-22-09
$99.99 | Hayneedle
Radiance Large Flame Cobalt Blue Vase Lamp
$229.50 | Bellacor
Veil White Glass Tech Track Pendant for Juno Track Systems
Euro Style Lighting
Hand-tufted Blue Kiser Wool Rug (3' x 12')
Overstock.com
Pyramid Outdoor Lantern
$99.00 | FRONTGATE
Vienna Shower Curtain
$135.00 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™