Family reunion activities

puppygirl62June 24, 2006

I was wondering if anyone had some ideas for activities for a family reunion. It is a cousins reunion with mostly older people in their 70's and 80's. There will be some in between the ages of 40-60 also but not as many.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arandygail

We have a family reunion every year. We usually have games for the kids, but we also have some activities for the older family members. One year, we have everyone bring a baby picture. We mounted them on a display board and had a "guess who" contest. We usually have bingo, because that is popular with our crowd. Probably the most popular thing that we have done is to have everyone bring two or three of their favorite recipes to the reunion with a short (1-2 sentences) explination of why the recipe is a favorite. Then, I took all of them and typed them and put them in 3 ring binders so that everyone would have a "family" cookbook.
The grossest thing we ever did was when my 80+ grandmother started a guess-how-many-flies-will-land-on-the-flystrip contest. She charged everyone $1 per guess with the winner getting the money. My family is full of gamblers who will be on ANYTHHING. I would not suggest this, but it is a funny memory that I have of my grandmother.

Bookmark   June 26, 2006 at 9:53PM
More Discussions
Two sides to every RSVP
Deleted This post was edited by Jewel654 on Sun, Dec...
jewelisfabulous
Preparing Roasted Chicken Beforehand
Hi! I have been reading posts from here for a while,...
Bev.Linda
guests who just won't leave
I couldn't find a thread on this topic, so here goes... I...
swampwitch
What would you do?
The setting: Ladies gathered for coffee and chatting......
kitykat
Awkward Baby Shower - Did I Handle It Correctly?
We've all experienced strange party situations, but...
Karen10125
Sponsored Products
Furniture of America Marvey 75-inch Modern Cappuccino 5-Tier Corner Bookcase/ Di
Overstock.com
52" Casa Vieja Veridian Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Fitzgerald Leather Corner Chair - Brighton Volcano Brown
Joybird Furniture
Rivendell French Lace Five-Light Crystal Swarovski Elements Wall Sconce, 19.5W x
Bellacor
Mini Bullet Spotlight by Hinkley Lighting
$54.44 | Lumens
Sports Laundry Cleaning Kit
$69.50 | FRONTGATE
Winter Slopes Throw Blanket
$149.99 | Dot & Bo
WAC Modern Forms | Vogue WS-3127 Bath Light
$399.00 | YLighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™