Dallas Entertainers/Caterers, I need some help

andreaintxJune 19, 2008

I need some help. Here is some quick background info, it totally relates to my question. I used to work for a catering company in Houston where we were known for our buffets. Since leaving everytime I entertain I have to build these elaborate buffets, its me, I don't know how to do it any other way. I have quite a few serving trays and a few months ago I let some friend borrow some of my stuff in exchange for taking me to market to get some things that I need but don't have. Two days ago I was asked to host a baby celebration in July. I finalized the menu last night and although I have a lot of equipment to build the buffet, I am still in need of some things. I called and emailed my friends to see if they could get me into market the next 7 days. I know late notice. I haven't heard back from them. Does anyone know where I can get some equipment for good prices other than market? I need a punch bowl (something funky not like grandma's), a resin platter, wood squares and triangle, small hammered bowls, mint julep cups, cake knife and server, metal compote, etc. I've looked online and have been keeping my eyes out for that stuff at places like HomeGoods, Tuesday Morning etc, without luck. Thank you for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texasredhead

Ace Mart Resturant Supply. They have a location at 3128 Forest Lane in Dallas. 214-351-5444. They sell to the public. They have anything you can think of. They are open Monday through Saturday.

Bookmark   June 21, 2008 at 12:09PM
andreaintx

Thank you. I'll check it out when my daughter is in OK

Bookmark   June 22, 2008 at 1:44PM
melvalena

Did you have the shower yet?

I've also come across stuff like that at Good WillStores and The Salvation Army Stores... you just have to keep going and snag stuff when you find it.

Bookmark   July 16, 2008 at 1:45PM
More Discussions
guests who just won't leave
I couldn't find a thread on this topic, so here goes... I...
swampwitch
Awkward Baby Shower - Did I Handle It Correctly?
We've all experienced strange party situations, but...
Karen10125
friend argues with girlfriend
I am not sure where this question should go, but I...
FreeClayInMyGarden
Gift for 80th. Birthday
We're invited to a restaurant for an 80th birthday...
suvgal
Holiday scheduling.
Am I justified? I invited my entire family including...
rjexit5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™