How do you care for blisters?

LuckyMay 22, 2002

Well I am an exercise-a-holic and go to the gym everyday (sometimes twice a day) and am wondering how you all care for your blisters. I enjoy running everyday, but have this blister that is killing me on my left foot. I've been drenching it with either vaseline or triple antibiotic ointment and covering it with a bandaid during the day for work (I wear tennis shoes for work.) then reapply more and apply a new bandaid once at the gym and vice versa. I read somewhere that you aren't supposed to pop the little buggers. Any suggestions? I'd hate for a blister to keep me from running everyday.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trekaren

I would not use the vaseline. I would stick to Neosporine or something similar when shoes must be worn.

Then when at home, or at night sleeping, leave it open and clean so it can air out. Before you know it, it will heal.

Bookmark   May 23, 2002 at 9:03AM
whazzup

I always heard you weren't supposed to drain a blister either, but look what I found on the internet! This website is specifically for walkers.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to treat a blister

Bookmark   May 31, 2002 at 10:59PM
Linda352

I have a tendency of getting blisters on the backs of my heels and I always use a needle to make a small hole so they will drain and then I dab a layer of Vitamin E (from a gel cap) over it which helps in the healing process. I bandage it during the time I'm wearing shoes which will rub but I remove the bandage at night so the air can get at it and heal it much quicker.

Bookmark   June 2, 2002 at 2:42PM
More Discussions
In need of a great workout!!
We are in need of the machine that would give you the...
tonib40
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
anti-aging
hello, looking for anti-aging products. Ideas?
tiggervan
A Physical Therapist Told Me
MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times...
jannie
patellofemoral syndrome, knee pain questions
Does anyone here have patellofemoral syndrome, which...
bug_girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™