party to thank people who helped us during a difficult time

maisoui1June 17, 2012

Both my son and my Mom were ill around the same time. Our friends and coworkers couldn't have been more suppportive. Everyone was praying for us. Some people brought meals over etc etc. Both are doing well now and we want to thank them. I am looking for some ideas of what to do for this group. I know I'll be hiring a caterer. That's a given.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancylouise_gw

If you want something casual then a BBQ/pig roast would be fun in the backyard. Yard games, cards that sort of thing. If you want something a bit more intimate how about a cocktail party at your home. A bartender to serve a specialty drink. Appetizers, and dips, nice music in the background, etc. NancyLouise

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 3:14PM
maisoui1

Thanks Nancy Louise. My husband I'm sure would prefer something more casual. Between his coworkers and mine it would be at least 50 invites so if you go with the two thirds rule we could easily have 60 or 70 people. Our backyard is big enough to host it. It just seems like more mess to do a BBQ than if I did a cocktail party with appetizers inside the house and spill out into the patio. I kind of like the cards idea though. It is meant to be a party showing thanks to the people who helped us and prayed for us so not so sure the cards is the best idea. Maybe I'm being too literal.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 8:44PM
texasredhead

Last Saturday we hosted 120 people to help us celebrate our 50th annaversary in the fellowship hall of our church.
We had the affair catered by a local BBQ resturant. It figured to $9.00 a person and included brisket, sausage, sliced turkey, pinto beans, cole slaw, potatoe salad, rolls, and condiments. The company came in and sat everything up. It was very popular. This set-up made it possible for us to visit with and enjoy our friends.

Bookmark   July 3, 2012 at 10:30AM
More Discussions
Going to dinner as a guest tonight
My husband asked our host and his latest girlfriend...
ilovepink
Young teens and birthday parties
Anyone on here a parent of a young teen (13-14 years...
jewelisfabulous
Guests always bring along a dog
How would you handle this? My wifes long time friend...
Don_
What would you do?
The setting: Ladies gathered for coffee and chatting......
kitykat
Slow cooker or Crock pot
What's the difference? And which do you think is better?...
yborgal
Sponsored Products
52" Oil Rubbed Bronze Esa Outdoor Ceiling Fan
Fifthroom.com
Solid Color Microfiber Down Alternative Comforter
Overstock.com
Primo Chrome Thirty-Two Light Three-Tier 36-Inch Chandelier with Royal Cut Clear
Bellacor
Area Rug: Dillon Gold 5' x 7' 9"
Home Depot
Olivia Platform Bed with Bluetooth Speakers - IDF-7060GY-F
$559.99 | Hayneedle
Exquisite Red 3x11 Runner Hand Knotted Pakistani Super Kazak Wool Area Rug H7126
BH Sun Inc
Tones of Beige Ava 5-Light Bronze Ceiling Light
Lamps Plus
Cobblestone Rug 8' x 11' - PURPLE
$1,099.00 | Horchow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™