Waist has disappeared

Linda_IAMay 5, 2004

I'm a 55 year old female. Very little exercise, due to severe headaches. My waist and hips have become one. What can I do to reduce some of the inches from my waist? I really don't need to, or want to lose any inches from my arms or legs. It's all around my middle. Any help you can give me on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joann23456

Unfortunately, the waist often thickens during the menopause years and stays when they're over. From what I've seen, exercise and moderate eating are the only things that can stave off some of the change. As you seem to already eat moderately, exercise will probably be the only way to keep your waist.

It's not all about looks, either. Women who are "apples", are more prone to heart disease, diabetes, and breat cancer than those who are "pears".

Good luck. I've been suffering all week with the after-effects of a terrible migraine, so I have some idea how you're feeling. I didn't go to the gym all week.

Bookmark   May 8, 2004 at 11:27PM
Linda_IA

Thank you very much. Oh, does my heart ever go out to you. I've had migraines for years, as did my Dad. Best of luck to you in your battle with them.

Bookmark   May 9, 2004 at 5:31PM
chinacat_sunflower

have either of you gotten into the new harvard medical study into the use of psylocibin in the treatment of migraines and cluster headaches?

I've been migraine and seizure free for 9 years now, and credit organic treatments that up until now have gotten totally ignored by the medical world (though it was a neurologist who first pointed me in the right direction)

as to the waistline...

pilates and biking whenever you can.

pilates you can do on your living room rug...

and when you bike, stand on those pedals.

even the guy at the state fair underguesses my weight by a good 30 pounds- no one believes I weigh more than my husband. and a lot of it IS my waistline- since I still have one.

Bookmark   July 28, 2004 at 11:50AM
donnak_nc

Can you name a specific pilates video Chinacat?

Bookmark   August 10, 2004 at 2:22PM
More Discussions
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
green tea for weight loss
Has anyone tried drinking green tea to lose weight?...
cheesecurlgurl
Food expiration date
Is the 2 yr limit valid on canned food? Our garage...
joe_mn
Herbalife Nutrition
Is Herbalife Nutrition more beneficial than prescription...
lisamerryy
What happened to white corn meal?
I love home made southern style corn bread, made with...
donk4kyv
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™