Dosage of multi-vitamins?

LuckyApril 20, 2002

I just wondered how often everyone takes their multi-vitamins. Recently I've been told by a couple of people (including my personal trainer and very fit coworker) to take one Centrum two times a day. I even picked up a multi-vitamin bottle from 24 Hour Fitness, which also gives the same instructions. I thought the Centrum bottle states to take one daily? How often do you all take your multi-vitamins? Do you follow the instructions or take more since you work out? (I am an exercise freak and try to go to the gym at least five times a week.)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michele_in_ATL

Lucky;
After taking all kinds of different "herbal" multi-vitamins from my herb store, I recently heard that for women, centrum is the best...100% USRDA of everything, and 30% vit. K (you don't want more than 30%).
So I went back to taking my original one centrum a day, I don't particulary believe you should take 2, but I think your body gets rid of any extra nutrients it doesn't need through waste anyway, so I wouldnt imagine it would be harmful.
Cheers,
Michele

Bookmark   April 21, 2002 at 8:47PM
Chantel

Cool, is that correct? Centrum has 100%? If so, that is great. If that is the case, one a day seems like it would work. But I know people who do take 2 a day and that is because there multi doesn't give them enough.

Did your PT also advise to take addtl supplements? Calcium? CLA? Omegas? Vitamin C? Etc... Just curious.

Chantel:)

Bookmark   April 22, 2002 at 12:18AM
fangdangle

Seeing the above word omega reminded me of a site I posted awhile back which speaks about the benefits of omega 3 and omega 6 factor ..benefits for your
heart and brain..and so on.Log into the 31 of the most important facts tips and tidbits.I have done a print out and refer back to it many times.

www.health-heart.org

Bookmark   April 22, 2002 at 8:05PM
Judith

Fandangle, When I tried the website, health-heart.org, I got a message saying that it could not be found. Is it just my browser? Judith

Bookmark   May 1, 2002 at 12:46PM
fangdangle

Sorry Judith... I am just going out for a walk so I will check in later and see if I can post the actual link.

Bookmark   May 1, 2002 at 5:26PM
fangdangle

Lets give it a try and hope it works..
for healthy hearts and ....

Here is a link that might be useful: healthy pumpers

Bookmark   May 1, 2002 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
A Physical Therapist Told Me
MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times...
jannie
Lifestyle Changes
Hey everyone. My husband and I are in the middle of...
bigbaby
I want to start doing Yoga, is this something would I be able to
Hello Friends, I would like to start doing yoga, but...
Orneved
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
Herbalife Nutrition
Is Herbalife Nutrition more beneficial than prescription...
lisamerryy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™