fitday.com

maryanntxApril 18, 2003

I saw someone suggest using fitday.com to keep track of everything. I'm impressed. I filled out the food that I have eaten so far today (it's 2:00 pm here) and so far this is my breakdown:

29% fat

18% protein

52% carbs

Is there any place that shows what the ideal ratio should be? I'm sure that my fat shouldn't be that high!! But I ate a piece of cake after lunch and that's one reason it is so high.

Thanks for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maryanntx

I'm adding to this post so it can slide on down.

fitday.com is a great place to record your food and activities. The reports have helped me because I realized I'm not getting near all the vitamins that I need.

Bookmark   April 23, 2003 at 9:12AM
Jaime

MaryAnn, I started using Fitday after your recommendation and I have to say, I love it! It keeps me from filling notebooks full of "what I ate" lists and I love the way everything is graphed out. Thanks for the tip. Jaime

Bookmark   April 30, 2003 at 8:38AM
Purple_Jade

I use fitday too, it's been the greatest thing in helping me develop a good diet for myself.
MaryAnn - I try for 20% fat
60% carbs
20% protein
Some people will argue with that, and want less carbs and more protein, but I think the 20% fat ratio is pretty standard.
I tried raising the protein a couple times, but found I didn't have the energy for my workouts and just didn't feel good period. I guess everyone is different, but I love my carbs.

Bookmark   January 6, 2005 at 2:07PM
More Discussions
green tea for weight loss
Has anyone tried drinking green tea to lose weight?...
cheesecurlgurl
Anyone using Fitbit pedometers?
Just bought the Fitbit One clip-on pedometer. I have...
snowglobe
How to exercise with broken foot?
I came back from a wonderful trip. I had been in pretty...
linnea56
What happened to white corn meal?
I love home made southern style corn bread, made with...
donk4kyv
I want to start doing Yoga, is this something would I be able to
Hello Friends, I would like to start doing yoga, but...
Orneved
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™