Flabby Arms

Kristie_WIApril 22, 2003

What can I do about my Flabby Arms - The best exercise?

I have lost alot of weight - and I can tell the most in my arms - No tank tops for me this summer.

Help

Kristie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maryanntx

I know what you mean, Kristie! I am using the Walk off the Pounds for Abs video. A waist belt comes with the video set and the exercises that you do when walking are supposed to strenghten your abs. But I think they will help my upper arms too. (I hope so anyway!)

Here is a link for some exercises that I think would be very good. Good Morning America Arm Exercises

Also I have found that white arms look the worst and show the flab more than darker skin or tanned arms. I'm not a sun worshiper like I used to be, so before I get ready to wear a sleeveless blouse, I use sun-less tanner. It makes the arms "look" thinner!

Bookmark   April 22, 2003 at 2:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bridget

Hold a 3-5LB weight in your hand. Put your arm straight up and lower the weight behind your neck. You cannot move your upper arm, it has to stay stationary. Only the forearm moves. This firms up the muscles on the backs of your upper arm. We don't use these muscles, so they are the first to go.You can use your free arm to hold the exercising arm steady, if needed.You can't "bulk up" because this is probably the only time you will use that muscle all day!

Bookmark   May 14, 2003 at 7:17PM
More Discussions
Abtronic.... and the verdict on this is?
I just saw this on TV. Any feedback on this? Saw the...
TinaNY
Anyone using Fitbit pedometers?
Just bought the Fitbit One clip-on pedometer. I have...
snowglobe
Do Ab Machines Shown on TV Really Work? - Report from ABC News
This was at ABC News' website... Friday December 14...
MrsJim
Is it okay to drink coffee while on green juice fast?
Planning to do this green juice fast,veggie juicing...
starraffy
Yoga and weight loss II
Hi everyone! Since the thread closed I thought I'd...
georgia_girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™