Info on ELK Security Systems

sniffdogDecember 31, 2006

I am in the process of designing a home security system for my new house under construction. I am working with on-line security system designer & seller to DIYers who came highly recommened. He suggested an ADEMCO VISTA 20P controller which appears to be a very good alarm controller but has very little home automation capability. All I want is a good alarm system that I can use to control some basic automation functions like turning on outside lights when perimeter IR sensors are tripped - doesn't look like ADEMCO will meet my needs. I stumbled onto ELK while I was researching Insteon autometed light controls (per suggestion from dim4fun) - it appeears that ELK and Insteon can work together. Anyone have any experience with ELK as a security system? How about programming it to work with light controls?

Thanks

Bob

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
keith35

I have used ELK security products with good results in the past. These days I prefer and use products from HAI.

www.HAI.com

Bookmark   January 2, 2007 at 11:54AM
sniffdog

I am a DIYer who will need some technical support. I understand how to wire things up but would like to have a human to talk to when I start to program the system. Can you recommend an on-line supplier of ELK or HAI that provides really good tech support?

Thanks
Bob

Bookmark   January 3, 2007 at 6:55AM
keith35

Sure. Goto www.worthingtonsolutions.com, they have excellent support and a great forum.

Bookmark   January 5, 2007 at 6:59AM
keith35

BTW the link I gave you for HAI was wrong. YOu can get to their sit at www.homeauto.com

Bookmark   January 5, 2007 at 7:06AM
More Discussions
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
clairebuoyant
Where to buy cassettes for music
We still play cassettes in two of our old cars. I need...
loralee
RCN Cable box question
I have a 55" LG LED tv. Its connected to an RCN...
andrelaplume2
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™