RSVP Vent!!

vaaftJune 6, 2009

This is so frustrationg!

I sent out the invitations 3 weeks ago and asked for an RSVP to my home phone or my e-mail. The party is one week away and today is the last day to reply. I have only heard from 5 of the 15 families that I invited. What should I do if I don't hear from them today? I would like to start planning the menu.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mitchdesj

Call the 10 you haven't heard from, people are neglectful, it's a fact.

Bookmark   June 6, 2009 at 7:47AM
dalepar

Be sure to make a note to remove the oafs from your future guest lists. If people are too stupid or too lazy to respond, then I do not need to bother with them.

DP

Bookmark   June 6, 2009 at 4:34PM
posieh

I myself have forgotten to respond. If I don't do it the same day I receive the invite I sometimes forget. Give 'em a break, this is a busy time of year with school ending, weddings and graduations. Maybe just say, "I know you are busy so I just thought I'd call to see if you can come."

Bookmark   June 6, 2009 at 6:46PM
gellchom

I agree with posieh. I try to respond immediately, but sometimes I can't (like if I have to check with other family members) and I have been late a few times.

These are your friends, so even though they really should have responded, give them a break and don't cut them from your list for one mistake. Just call or email and find out who is coming.

Have a fun party.

Bookmark   June 7, 2009 at 12:33AM
dalepar

I still stick with dumping them from functions that have a formal invitation and a request for RSVP. I have had people not respond when we are using a caterer or booking a space in a restaurant. It can cause a lot of frustration at that time.

These friends are still welcome for small impromptu get togethers.

DP

Bookmark   June 7, 2009 at 12:56PM
vaaft

Well... almost everyone came through on Saturday. I am so surprised they waited until the last day to reply. I still haven't heard from 4 families. One of them probably will come. That family has a reputation of not responding.
Thanks for listening!

Bookmark   June 8, 2009 at 6:05PM
blizlady

As others have said, if a person doesn't rsvp on the same day they receive the invite, they probably will wait until the last day. As an example, if I need a head count by let's say the 15th of the month, I will tell people to rsvp no later than the 13th. Then I will call those that haven't responded on the 14th. We shouldn't have to make those calls, but people these days don't have formal "manners" with regard to invitations.

Bookmark   June 18, 2009 at 10:14PM
More Discussions
Awkward Baby Shower - Did I Handle It Correctly?
We've all experienced strange party situations, but...
Karen10125
friend argues with girlfriend
I am not sure where this question should go, but I...
FreeClayInMyGarden
Holiday scheduling.
Am I justified? I invited my entire family including...
rjexit5
Young teens and birthday parties
Anyone on here a parent of a young teen (13-14 years...
jewelisfabulous
Planning ahead: graduation
My oldest is graduating college in May (yeah!). His...
jewelisfabulous
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™