It's fall already!

kathy_September 22, 2004

Beware the candy corn and pumpkins. Watch you don't fall over the Christmas displays while you are "drooling".

Hugs,

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deemarie5500

Kathy, LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I love candy corn!

Bookmark   September 22, 2004 at 1:24PM
yellowhair

Ahhh, candy corn. I wonder if it freezes well. Take out a few now ant then. yummmmm

Bookmark   September 22, 2004 at 9:45PM
kathy_

I bet you can freeze it. Then I'd need the dentist...

Bookmark   September 23, 2004 at 6:41AM
janet_ks

I don't care much for candy corn by itself, but mix it with dry roasted peanuts and it will disappear -- tastes like a Payday candy bar!!

Janet

Bookmark   September 23, 2004 at 9:07AM
deemarie5500

Oh, Janet KS, not sure if I should thank you for that one...I also love dry roasted peanuts! LOL

Bookmark   September 23, 2004 at 10:27AM
Tikanas2

Okay... I don't like candy corn. But I DO like Fall! I picked a beautiful Connecticut field pumpkin yesterday and a slew of zuchinni. I will be making zuchinni bread for our church youth group's Fall kick off party next Tuesday.

Gotta stay away from Halloween candy though...

Tikanas

Bookmark   September 23, 2004 at 2:58PM
maryanntx

I'm not tempted by the candy corn. Now chocolate, that's another story! LOL
I always seem to have more will power during the Fall. I guess I'm thinking about the cooler weather, holidays, etc., and I want to feel comfortable in my jeans, and look nicer in my holiday wear. I guess that's why I have a hard time watching what I eat in the summer, but always am ready to start a diet in September.

Bookmark   September 29, 2004 at 12:01PM
Tikanas2

I feel the same way! Maybe it's because cooking healthy in the hot weather is not as appealing as grabbing "easier" fast type foods. I hate cooking in the heat! I make lots of homemade soups, stews, casseroles in the fall and winter and it's so much easier to watch the ol' weight and exercise then.

Temps of 75 degrees here today. Time for a pot of soup!

Tikanas

Bookmark   September 29, 2004 at 3:33PM
deemarie5500

Tikanas, on Sunday I made a huge pot of split pea soup with carrots, onions, and celery....no meat, so it should be 4 WW points per cup for me. DH and I may have it tonight, along with grilled cheese sandwiches (I have a 3-point version of grilled cheese that is fabulous!)

If I get the occasional Sunday (especially in the fall) to hunker down and cook all day, I find my way of eating program goes much better. I need to plan ahead and not stress out. When I know what's for dinner, then I know whether I can have a snack now and then during the day!!!

Bookmark   September 30, 2004 at 10:07AM
Tikanas2

Split pea soup sounds Sooo good, Dee Marie! I have some peas and think I'll make a big pot tomorrow. It's very chilly and Fall-like today and that soup would hit the spot.I always make mass quantities as DS would rather have dinner leftover for both breakfast and lunch than cereal or sandwiches. turkey breast with roasted asparagus tips tonight.

Slacking off on my water... gotta do better!

Everyone have a good day and stay strong!

Tikanas

Bookmark   September 30, 2004 at 1:37PM
kathy_

Well hello everyone (she says patiently waiting on that toasted cheese sandwich recipe). Yup it's definitely soup weather - it may frost tonight here and that is early. So the great debate comes - cover the plants or don't cover the plants and say to heck with them. Hmmm. I had Wendy's chili for lunch because I was in the neighborhood and that does not happen often. Amazing to watch (discretely) the huge trays of food that some people eat while I am sitting there with my small chili and ice tea. Ah well, I will never be able to do that and still get these jeans on so it's no use thinking about it. Wal-Mart looks like a candy junkies paradise these days. Hubby is having steak tonight and I am having a pack of salmon on lettuce. Hmmm or maybe soup. Kathy

Bookmark   October 4, 2004 at 2:06PM
deemarie5500

Kathy, I take 2 slices of the Arnold Bakery light Whole Wheat Bread (1 point), place 2 slices of Kraft 2% yellow cheese in it (2 points), spray each side (and a nonstick pan) with "butter" spray (0 points). Grill and put on a plate with large dill pickle and sliced tomatoes!! You've got a 3-point wonder lunch! Hope you enjoy it.

Bookmark   October 4, 2004 at 3:45PM
More Discussions
Dieting Weekly Support 11 - 16 Nov
Good Morning Everyone, In Canada this is our Remembrance...
mcpeg
Weekly Support 13 - 19 Oct
Hi Everyone, I've been MIA after this weekend. Yesterday...
mcpeg
Naturally Slim Program
has anyone tried it? If so what are your thoughts?...
veronicasgrandma
Favorite Exercise Videos
Ok, I know there's an exercise & nutrition board,...
juellie1962
New low-carber here
Hi, everyone-- I wanted to introduce myself and see...
Repol
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™