White out RSVP line?

kel3May 15, 2011

We are sending out invitations for my sons high school graduation open house. The invitations are pre-printed and have an RSVP line. I don't really want people to RSVP as it doesn't really matter, as we will have more than enough to eat/drink for everyone and people don't seem to always RSVP anyway. What is the proper way to handle this on the pre-printed invite? White out the RSVP line (is that tacky?)? Leave it blank? Or write our phone number and say "RSVP not necessary but call if you have any questions"? Seems like such a silly thing to worry about but I want to do whats correct.

Thanks for any insight on this!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gellchom

Well, let's see -- guests are supposed to respond to any invitation, whether or not it says "RSVP," unless I guess it says "regrets only" and they are attending. So whiting out the RSVP line won't really change anything (and it will be a pain and look icky; I wouldn't do it).

But I suppose if you want, you could just cross it out with a pen stroke or add the words "not necessary."

Don't be so sure you don't want people to respond, though, even though you won't change your food plans. There might be other reasons you'd like to know if this one or that one is coming or not.

Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 1:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
work_in_progress_08

I wouldn't white out anything on a pre-printed invitation. It will ruin the look of your invitation as it infers there was a mistake that needed to be erased. Perhaps you could write the words "Regrets Only" w/your phone number in the spot for the response date.

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 7:24AM
More Discussions
Going to dinner as a guest tonight
My husband asked our host and his latest girlfriend...
ilovepink
Holiday dinner with divorced inlaws.
Once again it is a holiday dinner coming up and I always...
grandmamary_ga
Two sides to every RSVP
Deleted This post was edited by Jewel654 on Sun, Dec...
jewelisfabulous
Planning ahead: graduation
My oldest is graduating college in May (yeah!). His...
jewelisfabulous
Disappearing Brunch Guest
I'd love to hear your responses. We had a brunch for...
newgardenelf
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™