Invitation wording help needed

okieladybugMay 9, 2010

DH and I will be dedicating our daughter at church in June (similar to a christening, but not called the same thing at our church). We are inviting family and friends that are important to us. Can you help me word the invitations? If people don't want to attend our church service (which I completely understand) we still want them to know they can come to lunch. Also, I want guests to know the lunch portion is very informal...we'll be eating in the backyard and serving picnic style foods: BBQ, potato salad, etc. but we don't want guests to think it's a potluck. We're providing all the food. We just want a fun, casual party afterwards to get together with the people we love. Suggestions please? I'm at a loss on how to word this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

"Please join us for a casual picnic lunch in our yard after the services of dedication for our daughter.
Service at 10:30 at the whatever church if you wish to attend, and lunch at noon at our house.
Please come to one or both events, we would love to share our blessing with you."

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 9:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
okieladybug

Thanks Linda. That sounds good!

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 9:40PM
More Discussions
Worst visit ever
A friend and I were going out today, we live in different...
BGOS
Holiday dinner with divorced inlaws.
Once again it is a holiday dinner coming up and I always...
grandmamary_ga
Adult party games wanted
Anyone know of games to play at adult only parties?...
good36
Centerpiece advice - White hybrid LA lilies
reposted in the Home Decorating Forum Here is a link...
bbstx
4 letter words
We will be playing with only 4 letter words.One should...
kushy28
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™