Gift for 80th. Birthday

suvgalMay 2, 2014

We're invited to a restaurant for an 80th birthday for my cousin's husband's birthday. Any gift suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gellchom

What is he interested in? All we know is he is 80 and male. That's not much to go on.

But maybe for some reason you don't know him well enough to know what he would enjoy. I know that some posters don't like charitable contributions as gifts, but in my experience, a contribution to someone's favorite charity is often what is most appreciated, especially for people who are at a stage of life when they are trying to downsize, not accumulate stuff.

But I stress that this means HIS favorite charity, NOT yours. Find out what it is from your cousin.

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 2:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancylouise_gw

How about a gift card for a round of golf if he plays. Many elderly people still play well into their 80's. Does he have a favorite diner or restaurant that he likes to go to with his buddies? Get him a gift card from there. If he is into games/cards (dominoes, poker,etc.)many come in large print so it is easier to read. The possibilities are endless. NancyLouise

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 9:06AM
More Discussions
Mosquito problem
Our house is on 7 wooded acres; the mosquito problem...
cheerful1_gw
Two sides to every RSVP
Deleted This post was edited by Jewel654 on Sun, Dec...
jewelisfabulous
Tipping a Personal Chef
I've been given a gift of having a personal chef come...
msbrandywinevalley
guests who just won't leave
I couldn't find a thread on this topic, so here goes... I...
swampwitch
Questions about Murder/Mystery Games
Please tell me more about Murder/Mystery Games (apparently...
bizzybee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™