Trivial question about indoor/outdoor RF thermometer behavior.

albert_135December 2, 2011

I've some brand x thermometer RF receiver with three channels. It picks up three temperature reading from somewhere in the neighborhood. The temperatures are close to what one would expect. I don't know where any of the transmitter are located, just somewhere in the neighborhood.

This morning I got the expected temperatures near 30F on channels two and three but channel one reported 13F. Could someone have moved their transmitter to their freezer and it still transmit? Can a transmitter go bezerk? There is a mountain about 12 miles away. The transmitter will not transmit that far will it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

I'd think the metal shell of a refrigerator would interfere with the signal. Maybe that sensor has a bad battery. Is it possible that two are in the sun and one in the shade?

Bookmark   December 2, 2011 at 10:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
albert_135

All channels are back to reading nearly the same this morning. Yesterdays reported readings were before sunrise. Someone could have changed a battery I suppose. I've only this old receiver. I don't know where the transmitters are located.

Bookmark   December 3, 2011 at 8:49AM
More Discussions
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™