How to Convert Cassette Tapes to CDs?

juliet3December 6, 2008

I have a number of live concerts on cassette tapes that I would like to convert to CD's. I want the CD's so that I can listen to the concerts in my car during my 2 hours of commuting each day. I do not want to download onto iPod; I want CDs that can be played on my car's CD player. I would like really good sound quality. I do have an excellent Nakamichi cassette player, and I have a Mac iBook laptop. My laptop only has USB connections. I cannot figure out how to make the conversions. Can someone advise me as to software, cables, or anything else I will need? Much appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
onc0m

its easy
what you need just tape player with audio output (red and white cable),and then ofcourse the audio cable it self,and cd or dvd recorder,you can use your computer but you must have another component to get connect.
i suggest use home audio receiver/vcr cd-r,you connect the tape player and put record in cd player,thats the easy way,but the cons is that the quality is not like the original,but its worth to try,the way it same like you record your tv to cd or vcr to cd,so use your receiver or vcr which can record.

Bookmark   December 8, 2008 at 4:22AM
heidiho

I saw something in the fingerhut book that does that. The price was $349. I haven't tried it or spoke to anyone that has though. It looks like an old radio and has cassette player on the side of the case and records to your cd's all in the same machine.
I'm tempted to get one because I have lots of cassettes I can't replace also.
Good luck.

Bookmark   December 9, 2008 at 9:19AM
bronxbill

Hi everyone: Just happen to come on & this really intrest me because I have many doo wops music on cassette / would love to transfer to CD's.
Please Please explain that a little more better. I lost it after the first few lines.
Thanks much
Bill

Bookmark   June 24, 2009 at 12:13AM
    Bookmark   June 24, 2009 at 7:36AM
More Discussions
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
vizio xvt473sv dead
I have a 4 year old VIZIO XVT473SV that now has NO...
thew60
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™