Can I network a Wii?

montalvoDecember 5, 2008

It seems that everyone's getting a Wii for Christmas this year (except maybe autoworkers and those who already have one). I'd like to find out if one can work on my home automation system. I have a Crestron system with distributed audio/video and I assume that any Wii I purchase would have to either have RS232 networking capability built in or I'd have to buy some type of box to provide the interface.

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether integrating a Wii into my system is possible?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wws944

The Wii has wireless internet capability built in. Nothing extra to buy.

No idea on how it would work with your home automation system. Note that it comes with an A/V cable that has L+R audio and baseband video output. Both S-video and component video (480i and 480p) are also on the connector pins on the back panel. So one merely has to buy a new cable to take advantage of the better video connections.

Bookmark   December 6, 2008 at 12:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
montalvo

Thanks for the information. I've subsequently learned that I'm going to have to hire the original Crestron installer to do some programming to make it work but it's great to learn that I'll be able to use it on TVs throughout the house.

Bookmark   December 7, 2008 at 10:00PM
More Discussions
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™