Burning music CD's - wrong forum?

marys1000December 17, 2006

I'm not sure where to ask this. I have an old eMAC and a couple of years ago I "bought"/downloaded some music from iTUNES onto the computer. I put the on a CD but could never get them to play in any CD player.

Anyone know precisely what format and type CD I should be using? What else could my problem be?

Thanks,

Mary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdbillp

I think you might have better luck in the computer help forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here

Bookmark   December 17, 2006 at 12:22PM
redcurls

I use CD-R. I find that the other format - CD-RW - doesn't work everywhere I need.

Bookmark   December 17, 2006 at 5:59PM
rayfromalaska

You should use CD-R CD's, since they are cheaper. Just let the iTunes application burn the CD for you. Does your eMac have a CD burner?

If it does, first create a "Playlist" in iTunes, and name the Playlist as you wish. Drag the songs that you want, into the new Playlist folder. The songs will be either in the "Music" folder in iTunes, or in the "Purchased Music" folder in iTunes. You may want to drag the songs from the Music folder and leave the Purchased Music folder alone.

Once you have dragged about 18 songs to the new Playlist, make sure each one has a check-mark on the box next to each song. To check-mark all the songs in the Playlist at once, press and hold the "Apple" key, and with the mouse pointer "click" on the first box. Now all the songs should be selected.

The next step is to click on the iTunes "Burn CD" box (just follow the dialog after you have clicked in the Burn CD option). This CD should play on most CD players.

Bookmark   December 18, 2006 at 11:27PM
landy-2010

I suggest you try M4V Converter Plus, it can solve your problem easily.

Bookmark   May 27, 2013 at 3:18AM
More Discussions
Where to buy cassettes for music
We still play cassettes in two of our old cars. I need...
loralee
hdmi connection
i have a hd tv but standard cable. no hd premium service....
stoveguyy
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™