what happened to this treadmill?!

phrogMarch 21, 2008

I admit to joining this forum with one big question in mind:

I have a True treadmill that's about 7 years old. Most of those years it was in a bedroom and used only rarely....maybe a total of 25 hours over all those years. It was never lubricated, either.

Recently we moved it to our unheated greenhouse and started using it more. Air has been as cold as 40F when we've used it. Mostly walking, not much running.

Today I looked out and saw that the belt has totally separated along the saw-edged seam where it was joined together.

Before I replace it, is it likely the cold caused this, or fluctuations in temp (it gets hot out there when it's sunny) or overtightening? I'd like to avoid the problem so I only replace it once.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

Could you be in touch with the belt or treadmill manufacturer about that? They may be able to give you some high and low temperature guidelines.

Things do tend to contract when they get cold and expand when warm. Also, maybe using the treatmill when the belt was stiff and cold caused the separation. I really don't know--just my thoughts.

Good for you for using it.

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 5:47PM
More Discussions
Herbalife Nutrition
Is Herbalife Nutrition more beneficial than prescription...
lisamerryy
Abtronic.... and the verdict on this is?
I just saw this on TV. Any feedback on this? Saw the...
TinaNY
Do you own a masticating juicer?
Just bought an Omega and I was wondering if you peel...
msrose
In need of a great workout!!
We are in need of the machine that would give you the...
tonib40
A Physical Therapist Told Me
MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times...
jannie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™