Is there any such thing? Traffic Alert

shaunDecember 20, 2008

I am trying to think of a great xmas present for my DH and thought as much driving as he does, a traffic alert gizmo might benefit him. So many time he gets on the turnpike to come home and runs into a jam and is there for a very long time.

Is there any such thing out there that could be installed in his truck and give him an alert to a bad traffic jam or accident on the road he'll be taking.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
t_finan

See bestbuy's website for some GPS units which include traffic indicators.

Bookmark   December 20, 2008 at 1:42PM
shaun

thanks.

Bookmark   December 20, 2008 at 4:23PM
steve_a

I bought my daughter a Garmin unit for graduation, it includes a traffic receiver. the unit was about $250. The traffic service that works with this unit costs $60 per year (was free for 60 days). There is at least one other traffic service that works with a different model Garmin unit, it has a different pricing structure. My daughter liked the service well enough to subscribe. She also listens to the local traffic radio (Wash/Baltimore area), as neither one picks up all of the problems quickly enough. So it will depend on your area. Do your research before buying, I found the reviews on Amazon.com to helpful. Steve

Bookmark   December 21, 2008 at 5:24AM
debo_2006

Navigon 5100 Max GPS has lifetime traffic alert. I'm picking one up today. It's exclusive to Radio Shack and is on sale for $230 until tomorrow. It also includes 3 years of map updates (total of 12 updates quarterly). It has cool features too. Check out Navigon website or radio shack for details.

My DH got me a Mio Moov 300 for Xmas and reading the reviews I decided to return it for the Navigon.

Bookmark   January 9, 2009 at 11:00AM
More Discussions
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
cinemax
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
stoveguyy
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
Throw them away ?
I have a DVD player, a cassette player , a tuner ,...
salbwil
hdmi connection
i have a hd tv but standard cable. no hd premium service....
stoveguyy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™