Pre-Diabetic-Nutrition & Exercise

patty2430February 8, 2012

Rec'd my blood work from dr. in the mail today; I am pre-diabetic (glucose 117). Happy to say that we ordered a treadmill two weeks ago and it is being delivered tomorrow! Any advice on what you did to start the treadmill at a pace that is not overkill? Don't want to get discouraged and in pain right away. What did you find was a good way to add the right foods to your daily diet? What do you think are some better foods to eat frequently?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
finchelover

thru your doctor he should send you to nutrionist at a local hospital and she or he will go over a regime with you

Bookmark   February 17, 2012 at 9:58PM
worriedone

I know what NOT to eat and that is SUGAR. White over processed artery clogging cancer feeding SUGAR. BE it cane or organic - it is going to kill you.

Use organic leaf stevia, xylitol (keep away from pets) or a little bit of organic raw LOCAL honey ONLY PLEASE!!

White processed flour/rice/breads, etc turn into unused glucose in your blood. Sticks to arteries. Causes heart issues. Inflammation. Diabetes. Infections if there is alot of MOLDS and FUNGUS in the grains used - which there IS!! Most of the processed your body cannot even use.

Go GLUTEN - wheat/barley/oats/rye FREE! Go quiona, tapioca, kaniwa, etc. Your body will love you for it.

Ease up on HIGH sugary fruits. Berries are good.

EAT PLAIN ORGANIC Kefir or Yogurt and add berries/stevia. It is good. (the stuff on shelves has ADDED junk to keep their profits high at your expense. Trust me. They don't care about you - why should they? THEY WANT YOUR $$$)

Eat more fermented (raw/organic) nut butters, etc. Good for your gut lining.

Supplement with iodoral iodine, selenium, magnesium, vit c, vit d3, vit b complex, to name a couple. be sure you are taking the right type and at the right time.

Plant oils. Very important.

Free range Beef, Bison, Chicken, Turkey, eggs if you go that route.

Pastas made by Andean Dream are really good. So are the organic brown rice - don't over do the rice, tho. Udis rolls. Pizza crusts by Chebe. Made fresh by YOU!

BUY YOUR Tomato products in GLASS only due to the preservatives. BPA is high in the canned products. Frozen organic berries and veggies are fine. Just none from China where COAL is the main source of energy and it poisons the air/water/ground. Always check the country of origin.

Be aware that Chocolate is being harvested by mere children that are NOT being paid fair wages. Think NESTLE! MARS candy. THEY DO NOT CARE about children in other countries as long as they keep their profits high. Yet their target demographic is children here in the USA. Buy fair Trade coffee, teas, cocoa please.

So, good health to you all.

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 12:44PM
jannie

I agree sugar is the main culprit. Excess sugar is stored in the body as fat. Back to the caveman days when humans didn't eat three times a day.

Bookmark   January 21, 2013 at 10:02AM
More Discussions
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
Which brand of canned pineapple has least tin-can-taste?
To me there's a very strong tin can odor in canned...
jally
I want to start doing Yoga, is this something would I be able to
Hello Friends, I would like to start doing yoga, but...
Orneved
patellofemoral syndrome, knee pain questions
Does anyone here have patellofemoral syndrome, which...
bug_girl
How to exercise with broken foot?
I came back from a wonderful trip. I had been in pretty...
linnea56
Sponsored Products
Shades of Gold Pre-decorated Christmas Garland Christmas Decor
$379.00 | FRONTGATE
Toto LT577 Undercounter Sink with Oval Basin - LT577#01
$77.84 | Hayneedle
Wedge End Unit, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Laguna 6 Piece Outdoor Patio Sectional Set in Espresso Light Blue
$1,499.00 | LexMod
Darya Rugs Persian, Red, 3'3" x 6'0" Runner Rug M5675-33608
Darya Rugs
49" Mediterranean Series Cultured Granite Top with Sink - 8" Faucet Drilling
Signature Hardware
Little Cottage 14 x 10 ft. Pinehurst Colonial Panelized Garden Shed Multicolor -
Hayneedle
Little Cottage 12 x 10 ft. Classic Wood Gable Panelized Storage Shed Multicolor
Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™