Saving vinyl records to computer

cannonDecember 8, 2007

I have a turntable with a magnetic head. I am trying to play records through my computer in order to save the music to a CD. I have been told, Soundblaster has a "device" that I can plug my RCA plugs into. Then plug that device into my computer via a USB chord. I don't know what to call the device in order to buy one.

Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You need a phono pre amp to normalize the feed from the turntable and raise it to line level. About $25. Radio shack sells them, among others. You will need a RCA to miniplug cable to connect to the line in jack on the computer. Turntable to pre amp will be RCA to RCA most likely. You can also use most any ordinary stereo receiver, connecting the tape out put to your computer.

I don't know anything about a USB input device.

    Bookmark   December 8, 2007 at 3:22PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
hdmi connection
i have a hd tv but standard cable. no hd premium service....
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™