yamaha htr-5940 av receiver and ipod compatibility

pwm72December 3, 2006

To say that the owners manual is confusing is an understatement. I am trying to figure out how to hook up my ipod to this unit using the simple mini jack on the front of the unit labeled "portable". I believe the instructions direct you to select "Multi Channel Input" as the source and yet when I do, I hear nothing from the receiver. I try adjusting the volume on both the receiver and the ipod to no avail. Am I missing something? Shouldn't this be as easy as plugging the unit in to the appropriate jack, selecting it as the source and enjoying the music?

Thank you

Paul Manuel

pwm72@comcast.net

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

Yes, it should be easier. If you can hook up something full-time, find a connecting cable which will work for your iPod and has an "RCA connector" at the end. You can then plug the RCA end of this cable into the back of your Yamaha, under whatever "IN" or "INPUT" is available (TAPE1, AUX1, etc.). There should be a corresponding button/menu choice up front that allows you to select that input. When you want to listen to the iPod, connect it to the loose cable end, push the appropriate button, and enjoy.

"Multi-channel input" doesn't sound right for a device like an iPod that can output only stereo.

Bookmark   December 4, 2006 at 8:14AM
More Discussions
previous post about 50ML8105D
My previous post about my Magnavox/Phillips 50"...
tribefan53
RCN Cable box question
I have a 55" LG LED tv. Its connected to an RCN...
andrelaplume2
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
hdmi connection
i have a hd tv but standard cable. no hd premium service....
stoveguyy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™