Which one would live longer

runsnwalkenFebruary 28, 2009

I was wondering a hypothicial question on diet vs health care from birth to death. Guy A and Guy B

Say one guy/or girl from birth to death (Guy A) eats an AWFUL diet, basically nothing good for you,like fast food and junk food. and goes to the doctor dentist regularly all their life.

then another guy or girl from birth to death(Guy B) eat perfectly nothing bad whatsoever diet, raw fruits, veggies, nuts, lean meats, (Basically the kind of diet people ate in prehistory) gets lots of rest and excersise but NEVER sees a doctor,gets shots, or sees a dentist

Which one would live longer?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
racerman12

You would hope the doctor the first guy saw on a regular basis would reccomend changing his diet after a while haha. I dont think it would be possible to predict, some people just never get sick.

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 4:14PM
ilmbg

With the gums being a big, big way for an infection to enter into the bloodstream- then into the heart- I would think the one that does NOT go to the dentist will end up with fatal heart disease- not due to his genetic make-up, but because there was an unmonitored road for bacteria to enter.

The one who ate junk and DID go to the dentist- well- he just better hope he has great genetics!

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 5:21PM
runsnwalken

What if Guy B brushed his teeth all the time?

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 6:57PM
chinacat_sunflower

it's still a statistical tossup, since you haven't factored environmental, genetic, or constitutional differences in.

I have teeth like granite, in a family with teeth like chalk- but my dentist says it has as much to do with the specific flora in my mouth as my enamel - I just don't support as many plaque-causing bacteria as some other folks. went 5 years without dental care, and came back to find that I needed a cleaning - not a deep scaling, just a cleaning.

Bookmark   March 6, 2009 at 2:07PM
runsnwalken

True. I''ve asked my pca's and Danny says no doctor,as the doctor in his opinion just gives you stuff to fiix what has been wrought ( heart disease,cancer)

Matt says same as posters here , depends on factors, Nancy (co-worker) who's also a retired nurse, agrees with Matt.

Bookmark   March 6, 2009 at 8:22PM
More Discussions
Which brand of canned pineapple has least tin-can-taste?
To me there's a very strong tin can odor in canned...
jally
I want to start doing Yoga, is this something would I be able to
Hello Friends, I would like to start doing yoga, but...
Orneved
Is riding a Bike really good excercise?
I know that riding a bike is good for your legs but...
netshound
In need of a great workout!!
We are in need of the machine that would give you the...
tonib40
green tea for weight loss
Has anyone tried drinking green tea to lose weight?...
cheesecurlgurl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™