A Physical Therapist Told Me

jannieFebruary 2, 2013

MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times a week for a medical problem. I go along as an onlooker/ to "coach" and support hubby. I've had many conversations with the owner/ Lead Physical Therapist. I asked him straight out what's the best exercise for a woman with big hips, thighs and "seat". The answer "Walking". I don't need fancy equipment to do that! I know my cousin walks one to five miles a day and she lost 30 pounds!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tripletmom83

Hi Jannie. I know walking is the best thing to do, but it is so cold and snowy here, and dark by the time I get home from work. I have no where to put a treadmill, so my solution has been to exercise with my Wii. I bought the WiiFit plus game and absolutely love it. I do Yoga, strength training and the balance games. For aerobic exercise I use the Just Dance games. I am going on 60 and I keep up pretty well with my 30 year old daughter, who by the way comes over once or twice a week to exercise with me. I have used it every day for about a month now, and along with eating a healthy diet, the weight is slowly coming off. But more importantly my strength and balance is improving.

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 5:19PM
socks

You can also get one of Leslie Sansone's walking videos for a change from the wii. I actually have 3 different ones, and it is helpful for times I don't want to actually go out. You can do as little as 1 mile. Good for you, Triplemom, on a healthy start for 2013. Keep up the good work.

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 10:19AM
tripletmom83

Thanks Socks,
I used to have Leslie Sansone's Tapes on VHS, and never got them on DVD. I should look for them. I think Target has them.

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 3:44PM
physician123

Yes very true walking is the best exercise to loose weight. But you can walk according to your diet and your diet should also be healthy not too oily. you can burn calorie this can really helps you.

Bookmark   November 22, 2013 at 4:49AM
scottdale23

This is true that you can loose your weight by walkin. At a weight loss rate of ý -1 pound per week, it will likely take you at least 20 weeks to lose 20 pounds. Losing weight at this pace is safe and will help you keep the weight off long term. To accomplish a weight loss of ý - 1 pound per week, try to burn an extra 250-500 calories per day by walking. If you find you're not burning this many calories by walking alone, simply reduce your calorie intake through diet in addition to walking.

Bookmark   December 4, 2013 at 1:48AM
More Discussions
Is it okay to drink coffee while on green juice fast?
Planning to do this green juice fast,veggie juicing...
starraffy
The food Villains! -- please join in
I'm not exactly sure when it all started, but it seems...
celestial
Do you own a masticating juicer?
Just bought an Omega and I was wondering if you peel...
msrose
In need of a great workout!!
We are in need of the machine that would give you the...
tonib40
Lifestyle Changes
Hey everyone. My husband and I are in the middle of...
bigbaby
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™