Can you recommend a TV for me?

texasgal47November 19, 2012

I purchased a lovely entertainment center which will house a 46" to 50" flat screen TV on a stand. I plan to use an antenna for the next year or two and would like to watch U-tube,Hulu, or stream Netflix. It should also have a good side viewing angle so I can see the side while working in my kitchen. I still watch VCR and DVD movies and do no gaming. My room has moderate light, and the couch is about 150" from the screen. Reliablity is important to me as I keep my TVs as long as possible. The screens with the sharpest and brightest pictures, to me, seem to have the 3D techology. I don't want to overbuy. My price limit is $1000. I'd be willing to wait until spring for prices to decrease with the new models or buy refurbished. I've always been a Sony person but know their reliability has decreased and the side viewing angle is not good. The Vizio XVT3D474SV has wonderful reviews and full array True LED lighting, rather than the cheaper edge lit led lighting, plus good side angle viewing. Any suggestions, thughts, or comments would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

Panasonic TC-PUT50.

Bookmark   November 22, 2012 at 11:18PM
texasgal47

Mike, thanks for your recommendation. I looked at the online info for this TV, and it does meet all of my criteria. What concerns me is burn in. I'm at that age where I easily fall asleep in front of the TV and don't want to be frequently setting an off timer for the television. Anyone comments from those of you with plasma TV experience would be appreciated.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 7:48AM
stoveguyy

Times have changed. 1000 for tv? I remember buying a Sony 19" CRT mail order in 1980 to save a few bucks. It was built in Japan, and shipped to NY. I bought it from an ad in a stereo mag from a NY dealer and shipped it to MN. I could not fit tv and box in my car so I tossed box and stuffed tv in backseat. I remember taking it to recycling yrs later. Now we all think a 1000 plasma is no big deal. I think any new tv is going to die long before the old CRT tv's life span.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 10:49AM
More Discussions
previous post about 50ML8105D
My previous post about my Magnavox/Phillips 50"...
tribefan53
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
POTS phone extension over local ethernet?
Through a mess up in communication I got a gigabit...
rwiegand
hdmi connection
i have a hd tv but standard cable. no hd premium service....
stoveguyy
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
Sponsored Products
Rustic Brown Rochester Media Stand
Cost Plus World Market
Belham Living Keaton Cubby TV Stand - Black - KG-038-AT-B.
$178.99 | Hayneedle
Time's Simplicity Console
| Dot & Bo
Doc McStuffins Giant Decal Set
$13.99 | zulily
Cynthia Console
$1,499.00 | Horchow
Brass Floor Lamp: Broadmore 58 in Antique Brass Swingarm Floor Lamp LF2002
$74.99 | Home Depot
GFD - Roma Remix Infrared-remote Compatible Grey TV Stand - OS-632-GRY
Great Furniture Deal
Sonax Washington Mocha Black 59-inch Wood Veneer TV/ Component Bench