Ab Rocket?

JoAnn_FlaJanuary 16, 2009

Does anybody have one? What do you think of it, is it worth the cost?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seattlemike

Following are comments on three ab exercisers in the Feb 09 issue of Consumer Reports:

1. Ab Rocket ($100): Most Ab Rocket exercises were slightly less effective than traditional abdominal exercises in our tests, and the head position bothered some. Diet plan was sound but lacked specifics abut food amounts and diet duration. Good for most beginners, but we found sit-ups slightly more effective.

2. Rock-N-Go Exerciser ($230): Panelists agree that the machine was easy to use, but they didn't feel it provided a workout. Some felt ridiculous or creepy on this machine. Our tests showed it was less effective at engaging abdominal muscles than conventional exercises performed with no equipment on an exercise mat.

3. Red Exerciser DX ($175): As we reported in February 2008, the "core twist strides" in the infomercial and some advanced exercises in the video engaged obliques at least as much as comparable floor moves but might not work abs as well. Good for obliques, but those 4 inches aren't going anywhere without serious dieting. Diet plan provides sound advice, but no maintenance plan.

I don't own any of them, but thought this info might be of some help. Good luck!

Bookmark   January 18, 2009 at 1:34PM
More Discussions
anti-aging
hello, looking for anti-aging products. Ideas?
tiggervan
Herbalife Nutrition
Is Herbalife Nutrition more beneficial than prescription...
lisamerryy
A Physical Therapist Told Me
MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times...
jannie
patellofemoral syndrome, knee pain questions
Does anyone here have patellofemoral syndrome, which...
bug_girl
Food expiration date
Is the 2 yr limit valid on canned food? Our garage...
joe_mn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™