Diet Pals - McPeg is Back (aka quiltingbunny)

mcpegAugust 12, 2005

Hi everyone,

It has been a long, long time since posting here. I have justed returned home to Canada after a long stay in Scotland. With the last 4 months of getting ready to move, living in kaos, entertaining with friends and saying good bye - my waistline has exploded. My choice. Now I am back to my weight watchers program and having to shed 40 pounds.

I am starting at 167 pounds, size 14/16. My goal has always been that notorious 130 pounds. If I can succeed at getting to a size 12/14 and hold on to it for 6 months - I would be extremely happy.

I hope everyone is doing well. Now that I am back online again, I look forward to posting regularily.

Ta ta for now,

McPeg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mcpeg

Good Morning!
I have my book out and calculator today. Starting fresh.
My calculator is UK based - does anyone know the point value for 1 cup of 2% and 1% milk?
It's cooling down to 26 degrees today - a good day to get out for a walk. I hope everyone is getting out and enjoying some fresh air today.
Cheers,
McPeg

Bookmark   August 13, 2005 at 9:36AM
Susy

McPeg---good luck on getting back into WW. I am still hanging in there. Need to get back to Journaling on a regular basis--helps me.

2% milk is 3 points, fat free and 1% are 2 points per cup.

Bookmark   August 14, 2005 at 9:10AM
mcpeg

Hi Susy,
Many thanks for the update. I agree that journaling helps a lot. Posting on the forum helps me a lot to stay on course. I see you are also a quilter - so am I. I do a mix of machine piecing and hand quilting. Keeping my hands busy keeps my mouth out of the fridge!
How is your week shaping up?
Cheers,
McPeg

Bookmark   August 14, 2005 at 4:21PM
mcpeg

Didn't win the lotto last night. But I am winning at sticking with my goals this week. Loaded up on the lovely fresh veggies now available and really enjoying them.
How is your day going?

Bookmark   August 18, 2005 at 12:00PM
kathy_

Hi McPeg. You sticking around this time? Well I have fallen badly too. I had a change of BP meds and sat for a month and was sad and cried (definitely not the usual me!) and ate and put on weight. I kept waiting for the side effects to go away but they did not. Uck! I called and am on new meds but the weight wants to stay and many vacation days are not helping. Heading to the doc next month so I need to get busy. I'll join you for awhile. I have salad waiting too and bought some green beans someone grew and picked for 50 cents a bag at a yard sale - I was "doing" 6 big bags of green beans for hours yesterday. Shouldn't need to buy more for a long time. Oh one more thing I have Discovery Health channel now and there is a show about people who have lost a pile of weight. It's called Losing It and is on right before lunch here - great timing! Just curious did you see the movie - Supersize Me? Well worth watching. Kathy

Bookmark   August 27, 2005 at 5:15AM
More Discussions
The Miracle of Green Tea???
I seem to be reading so much about green tea lately....
maryanntx
Frustrated. Any ideas?
Removed This post was edited by whitelacey on Wed,...
Linda
Weekly Support 13 - 19 Oct
Hi Everyone, I've been MIA after this weekend. Yesterday...
mcpeg
Weekly Support 27 Oct - 2 Nov
Happy Monday! Hi everyone, It's my weigh day - down...
mcpeg
Favorite Exercise Videos
Ok, I know there's an exercise & nutrition board,...
juellie1962
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™