fruit topiary

mleaApril 7, 2007

I've been asked to make something similiar to these photos (the straighter one actually) but wondering if anyone has an idea of how to do it so you can pull off the fruit without it tipping over? And what would you use for a base? I've made a couple in the past, but nothing shaped like this. The last one I did was a starfoam tall cone, that I covered with lettuce leave and inserted the toothpicks in one end that that end stuck into the starfoam. You see the toothpicks are on the outside of this photo, so do you think they inserted 2 different toothpicks? They'd have to be extra long to hold it into the starfoam or whatever base they used. They say it is 3 ft. high. Any suggestions would be greatly appraciated. I think it's such a cute idea. I thought I could post a photo....maybe someone can direct me where to go so I can post the picture?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ilovepink

Which pictures? I don't see them.

So I will answer as good as I can from experience. i've done them in flower pots where I sunk in a premade topiary from the oasis you find at a craft store. I cover that in saran wrap of course before covering in fruit.

In the flower pot base I have poured concrete and I've done rocks. Like a river walk. They were easily in place and didn't topple over.

If you can show a pick again please do. I'd love to see what you are tyring to do.

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 9:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mlea

I did it....with the help of my husband, we made the neatest topiary and had rave reviews. Like I said before, I don't see on here how to post a photo, so if anyone would want to see what I did, please email and I'll gladly share my creation.

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 12:22AM
More Discussions
High School Graduation Party
We are planning my DD's HS graduation party and I was...
crystal01
Disappearing Brunch Guest
I'd love to hear your responses. We had a brunch for...
newgardenelf
Help! Baby Shower Gift etiquette?
I need some help here as to proper etiquette. God this...
caboomer
Questions about Murder/Mystery Games
Please tell me more about Murder/Mystery Games (apparently...
bizzybee
Mosquito problem
Our house is on 7 wooded acres; the mosquito problem...
cheerful1_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™