Pioneer Elite pro-610

j-razzNovember 18, 2007

My tv has stopped responding to the remote control. It does'nt respond to the original remote or the cable box remote. I even tried a universal and got no response (batteries new in all remotes). I've tried unplugging the tv for a few hours and overnight. When i do this the RC works for awhile then stops working. Any idea what the problem can be? Thanks, James

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oskiebabu

If you tried a universal remote,such as a Logitech Harmony that downloads from their website the remote codes for almost every component made to the remote via USB cable and it still doesn't work, the chances are that there is a circuitry problem with the Pioneer infra-red circuitry. Something else you might try is setting up your Pioneer through the HDTV's menu for RF (Radio Frequency) reception. Most remotes and TV's of this caliber have the ability to accept both methods. I presume you are currently using IR. Give the RF a try and see if it works. One advantage of RF is that you don't even have to point the remote directly at the TV, while with IR, the remote "eye" has to directly be in a direct visual path to the TV sensor.

If the RF doesn't work I am afraid a Pioneer service call is in order and hopefully you are still under warranty.

Greg

Bookmark   November 20, 2007 at 7:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
j-razz

Thanks, i'll give that a try.

Bookmark   November 25, 2007 at 12:44AM
More Discussions
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
vizio xvt473sv dead
I have a 4 year old VIZIO XVT473SV that now has NO...
thew60
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™