Bose 151 outdoor speakers

dmgray55November 28, 2008

I have purchased a home with a pair of Bose 151 outdoor speakers on the deck. I would like to be able to connect them to my Dish receiver or home theater. The cables on the inside have a red and a black wire inside each. How could I modify these to connect to my units?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdbillp

You cannot connect speakers directly to your Dish receiver. What kind of home theater system are you using?

Bookmark   November 28, 2008 at 9:13PM
dmgray55

I have a Bose 3.2.1 GSX system. My other question would be could I control when the outdoor speakers were on as I would not want them on all the time.

Thank you

Bookmark   November 29, 2008 at 10:32AM
jdbillp

I am not really acquainted with 321 systems so I went to the Bose website and looked at the online user manual.

While I believe you could connect the 151 speakers to the 321 system you probably don't want to.

The 321 DVD unit only has audio outputs that connect with a proprietary cable to the bass unit. I believe the amplifier for the speakers is in that bass unit.

The outputs from the base unit to the supplied small speakers is an equalized output. That means the bass unit reproduces all the bass sound and send all the mid and high sound to those small speakers.

If you connected the 151 speakers to the bass unit with an a/b switch (an easy hookup) it would work but sound terrible as they would not have any bass.

Bookmark   November 29, 2008 at 11:50AM
More Discussions
previous post about 50ML8105D
My previous post about my Magnavox/Phillips 50"...
tribefan53
hdmi connection
i have a hd tv but standard cable. no hd premium service....
stoveguyy
13.2v Battery Charger
The battery charger for my Craftsman drill has died...
randy427
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™