Nagging groin injury

Anna_ZJanuary 27, 2003

Is there any machine that would be less stressful on a sore muscle in the groin area than 30-45 minutes of cardio on a Nordic Track? Swimming is out of the question, and has to be able to be done "in home". A Nordic Track is all we have, and have not had the opportunity to try anything else, as in Gazelle or treadmill.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

How about rest, hot packs, gentle stretching exercise, and some pain killers until the muscle is healed.

Bookmark   January 27, 2003 at 9:37PM
aileen

One thing you should do is to lay off the exercises until it heals. Then gradually start over and DON"T do so much as to reinjure the muscle or tendon. It will never stop hurting as long as it is repeatedly reinjured. Excercise is great, but injuring yourself is not a smart thing to do.

Also, you have to remember that there is the chance that it is a hernia that becomes more and more irritated as you exercise. It might be to your advantage to have it checked and the possibility of a hernia ruled out. The groin is a common place for a hernia.

Bookmark   January 28, 2003 at 10:37AM
lulie___wayne

My DH has periodic groin pain. Could that be a hernia or would it be sore all the time if it is a hernia? Would anything be visible from just looking at it or could we feel something underneath to indicate a hernia? He thinks that he just strained a muscle, but it has reoccured a couple of times in the past couple of months. It lasts a few days and then it is gone.
Lu

Bookmark   February 2, 2003 at 6:15PM
lazy_gardens

Lulie -
Either he is re-injuring it (quite likely) or he has a hernia (also quite likely).

He needs to be examined by a doctor who can spot a hernia - they only get worse over time, and harder to fix.

Bookmark   February 3, 2003 at 8:12AM
More Discussions
In need of a great workout!!
We are in need of the machine that would give you the...
tonib40
Lifestyle Changes
Hey everyone. My husband and I are in the middle of...
bigbaby
Which brand of canned pineapple has least tin-can-taste?
To me there's a very strong tin can odor in canned...
jally
I want to start doing Yoga, is this something would I be able to
Hello Friends, I would like to start doing yoga, but...
Orneved
Help!
I have cancer and osteoporosis and have damage to lymph...
Dweezil
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™