Sony Bravia 19'' LCD - No Specs Available?

shannonplus2November 17, 2008

I am looking for a 19" LCD for my home office. I was considering the Samsung 19" (#LC19D45U) which I liked better than the comparable Sharp 19".

Then I saw that Sony has come out with a 19" LCD - until recently, they only had larger LCD's. It's in the Bravia "M" Series, #KDL-19M4000, and is a little more expensive than the Samsung, by about $60. But other than Sony saying 720p, and 1440 x 900 resolution, there are no specs given on the Sony website. For example, it just says "wide viewing angle" instead of specific numbers, and no contrast ratio or response time is provided. I also looked on websites selling this model, like Abt Electronics, and found good reviews, but still no specifics. Is Sony hiding these numbers on purpose? Anyone have any information on this 19" Sony Bravia?

Here is a link that might be useful: Sony 19-inch Bravia M Series LCD

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shannonplus2

Well, I called Sony help line, and after a half hour of the guy going back and forth and putting me on hold, he gave me more specs:
Viewing angle: 178/178
Response Time: 6 milliseconds
Contrast Ratio: 2400:1

I think the contrast ratio isn't so great, even if it is a 19" LCD. Does anyone have any opinions on this 19" Sony?

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 10:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdbillp

While any company can say 178 degree viewing angle, if you try to watch any LCD TV way off axis you will be disappointed with the contrast and brightness.

And you can't compare contrast ratio from different mfgr's. There is no industry standard for how to measure this.

My opinion about Sony not having more detailed specs posted. Most people buying a 19" LCD TV are using it as a 2nd or 3rd TV and just don't care about specs. It is a usually a bedroom or office TV. They just want it to work.

Bookmark   November 19, 2008 at 2:16PM
More Discussions
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
13.2v Battery Charger
The battery charger for my Craftsman drill has died...
randy427
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™