Dr. Fuhrman's 3 Steps Is Working

cube1067January 26, 2012

Lost 2 pounds in 3 days so far using Dr. Furmans nutrition-based eating! He did say you will drop pounds quick.

I am in a biggest loser contest at work and trying to make some strides toward healthier living.

Saw Dr. Fuhrman on PBS, and for some reason his presentation fascinated me. So I pledged and got his DVDs.

I am just in week 1 and am easing myself into his green veg/fruit/nuts/seeds/beans eating style.

Wanted to tell some folks who might share my enthusiasm!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vnw232

I read his book. Some things he purported seemed to be extreme. He even contradicted the FDA at times. I picked and chose which of his recommendations I wanted to accept and which ones to rejected. Overall I gained a lot of useful information.

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 11:04AM
cookie8

I read the book and he lost me when he mentioned "Eskimos have a high tendency for broken hips" because of the high protein diet. This wasn't the case 100 years ago on their traditional diet, just when then were introduced to the "American" diet combined with the traditional way of eating. I don't believe in the "one diet fits all". I can't do carbs very well so I am at the opposite side of the spectrum - high protein, high fat, low carb. I just had blood work done and my it is optimum. I totally don't believe in the FDA recommendations either. It is truly an individual thing so good for you for finding what works for you. You have a great attitude to lose more.

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 9:55PM
worriedone

"He even contradicted the FDA at times." You need to find out where 40% of their budget comes from. If 40% of YOUR budget was coming from manufacturers of drugs and supplements mainly coming from countries that have NO qualms about toxins and NO controls - would YOU rat them out when they blunder? These companies run their own tests - their own - not by independents. So there will be NOTHING wrong with most of them until people are harmed and dying. This is a true story. You need to do more research and not be so trusting.

Try looking into doug kaufmann's know the cause. Just for some basic information about our food. It is an eye opener.

Good luck on your health venture. It all starts with that first step. Just DO NOT go back on Sugar and processed white foods! Please. NO CORN SYRUP. NO SODA. NO SUGAR at all or even imitation sugar. It is KILLER.

Go for organic leaf stevia. Raw organic honey. PLEASE.

Eat raw veggies and fruits. Berries. Granny Smith apples. CLEAN pure water. Supplement with iodoral/iodine, magnesium, d3 and selenium for starters.

Buy a mini trampoline and REBOUND.

Don't buy into the major marketing you read and see on tv. It is for one purpose only--Make Money For Stockholers. And give some to the FDA for good measure!!

Good health to all.

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 12:26PM
Eloney

The all three steps are really interesting and most effective steps. I would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us. I hope that you will continue to post here with us.

Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 9:33AM
More Discussions
Do Ab Machines Shown on TV Really Work? - Report from ABC News
This was at ABC News' website... Friday December 14...
MrsJim
Food expiration date
Is the 2 yr limit valid on canned food? Our garage...
joe_mn
In need of a great workout!!
We are in need of the machine that would give you the...
tonib40
A Physical Therapist Told Me
MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times...
jannie
Yoga and weight loss II
Hi everyone! Since the thread closed I thought I'd...
georgia_girl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™