WW questions from a newbie

vannieAugust 18, 2008

I post over on the KT but have some questions I bet y'all might know the answers to. I went to a WW meeting this morning and I'm not sure I understand all this stuff. They wouldn't let me take the pamphlets home and unless I know I've "got" this, I won't join. How difficult is it to follow all these points? Do you have to write down everything you eat? Did y'all do the flex or core program? I just don't see how you keep up w/ that every day. The gal said she carried some kind of paper in her purse. Just how hard is it? Can you tell me how you handle it? I just feel like a confused child on this deal. I was the only person there that didn't join.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
milkdud_2007

Hi, Vannie! I rejoined WW back during the winter, and I opted to do the Core plan this time around. I found the Flex-points plan exhausting to keep up with, to be honest. I've been much more successful this time by knowing exactly what foods I can eat and have really enjoyed the cooking that goes along with it. I keep a mental list of the "required" foods needed for a healthy diet: 2 tsp. healthy oil, healthy grains, lean meats, veggies, and dairy. So much easier!

They didn't want you walking out of there with their literature because you didn't pay for the privilege. It may seem mean to you, but the literature goes along very well with the training you receive after your first meeting and sign-up and subsequent literature you'll receive over the first 10 weeks of membership. Members pay for this knowledge, which is why you weren't given anything to take home to read. If they'll allow you to attend another meeting for free, by all means ask if you can stay for the info meeting for new members afterwards to learn if or which plan is for you.

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 10:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
okikatt

I was on WW for 3 years. I lost 55 lbs in 11 months. I have not been following it lately or getting regular exercise so gained some back. I am going on a different diet to see if it works as well as WW but I still eat a lot of the WW choices.
WW is easy to do as long as you know how to count. For the flex plan you get a slider that shows you how many points are in each thing you eat that has the calorie/fat/fiber on them and the WW books list every thing else. I still carry my slider in my purse when I go grocery shopping. (There are a lot of the frozen meals that show WW points on the back of the package. Everything else I just used the slider.)
At first you do have to write everything down but after a while you know how many points are in the foods you eat regularly.
With the Flex plan there is a lot of choices of foods. The core plan is good if you cook at home and don't go out to eat a lot.

Bookmark   August 19, 2008 at 2:24PM
More Discussions
Favorite Exercise Videos
Ok, I know there's an exercise & nutrition board,...
juellie1962
Just a Rant
I know that I need to exercise and that is why I am...
sameboat
WANTED -Weight loss buddy
Hello i am looking for a weight loss buddy. Just someone...
jennybog
Dieting Weekly Support 3 - 9 Nov
Hi Everyone, How are you doing this week so far? I...
mcpeg
green coffee extract anyone?
I saw recently on TV Dr. Oz talking about green coffee...
vieja_gw
Sponsored Products
Hudson Valley Empire Old Nickel 14" High 2-Light Wall Sconce
Lamps Plus
Signature Design by Ashley 'Darcy' Cobblestone Grey Ottoman
Overstock.com
Chintaly Molly Motion Back Dining Side Chairs - Beige - Set of 2 - CTY1180
$427.24 | Hayneedle
Home Decorators Area Rug: Windsor Green 4' x 6'
Home Depot
Ivory Venice Lace Sheet Set
$16.99 | zulily