Strength training and trainer questions

marie26January 8, 2007

Must I join a gym in order to learn strength training with a trainer? I don't have any equipment at home and don't know if someone can do this at home without equipment. Will a trainer come to my house to teach me if I have no equipment?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pjtexgirl

There are two main issues with starting an exercise program. Incorrect posture(injuries happen this way) and pushing too hard,too fast being impatient(same outcome!). Fitness for health doesn't go to the fastest or the strongest.It goes to those who keep on keeping on at a steady,resonable pace. I'd start with a trainer to get help in those 2 very important areas. I'd go with someone I trusted on a gut level as well. I'm sure there are trainers that will come to your house but I've never done that so I don't know what they'd expect or charge. Good luck! PJ

Bookmark   January 8, 2007 at 1:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raindrop_fitpro

Actually, I'm a personal trainer that owns my own in-home training business. I use a variety of equipment that I bring to the clients house (stability balls, bowflex adjustable dumbells, flex-tubes, medicine balls etc.) and I've been doing this for the last seven years. (I worked in a gym before that).

In anycase, pjtexgirl is right about starting with a trainer to be assessed for any current muscle imbalances and to learn good form and appropriate training regimes.

I think if you go to websites like Acefitness.org or NASM.org, they both list certified trainers all over the US. That would be a good start to find a certified personal trainer. I don't want to break any rules, so I hope posting this general sites is ok.

Cost depends on your area.

Bookmark   January 16, 2007 at 1:10AM
More Discussions
Food expiration date
Is the 2 yr limit valid on canned food? Our garage...
joe_mn
Do Ab Machines Shown on TV Really Work? - Report from ABC News
This was at ABC News' website... Friday December 14...
MrsJim
A Physical Therapist Told Me
MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times...
jannie
Anyone using Fitbit pedometers?
Just bought the Fitbit One clip-on pedometer. I have...
snowglobe
Total Gym, workouts for weight loss
Hi I am a 52 yr.old (overweight)male who has a total...
popellis
Sponsored Products
Campania International Yin Yang Pedestal Cast Stone Bird Bath - B-110-AL
$144.99 | Hayneedle
Tite 1 Pendant by Foscarini
$1,097.00 | Lumens
Furniture of America Sanford 2 Drawer Nightstand - IDF-7065N
$309.99 | Hayneedle
Trinity 5-tier Heavy Duty Commercial Chrome Wire Shelving Rack
Overstock.com
Blue Green Outdoor Dining Chair, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE