Exercise equipment recommendation for LARGE person

Vickey__MNJanuary 3, 2005

Okay DH (and I) are considering something for exercise. Problem: he has VERY BAD knees (will need knee replacement in near future), he weighs over 300 pounds, and needs to lose weight before they'll do the surgery. He needs VERY LOW to NO impact aerobics to do, besides water exercise, are there any machines that would support his weight and be non aerobic?

Vickey-MN

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
centralcacyclist

The Tony Little Gazelle might do. The Supra (Sears sells it) has a weight capacity of 325. No knee bending which is why I bought one. I have some minor knee injuries and arthritis which cause periodic painful knee bending.

What about a rowing machine? Can he bend his knees with no pain? I have a friend who recently had a knee replacement. She was referred for gastric bypass surgery which she decided not to do and lost some weight on her own, about 45 lbs. They wanted her to lose 100 prior to surgery but went ahead with it anyway after the 45 pound lose. She has continued to lose weight as she recovers and starts working out with a personal trainer this week.

Bookmark   January 3, 2005 at 9:43PM
More Discussions
green tea for weight loss
Has anyone tried drinking green tea to lose weight?...
cheesecurlgurl
How much iron supplement?
I see a slow release iron 45mg -- one a day -- take...
chisue
Do Ab Machines Shown on TV Really Work? - Report from ABC News
This was at ABC News' website... Friday December 14...
MrsJim
Elliptical owners-AFG4.1ae
I have just purchased one of these machines and am...
BatocheBob
A Physical Therapist Told Me
MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times...
jannie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™