Spanish themed 80th birthday party

kriggMarch 1, 2007

We are having an 80th birthday bash for my dad. He's of Spanish heritage and we want to have a Spanish theme. Does anyone have any ideas with regard to decorations I am stumped on this one. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathleen_li

You should post this on the Holiday forum/ Very creative gals over there who may be able to help.
Would you want to go with a Flamenco theme?

Bookmark   March 2, 2007 at 10:55AM
susanjf_gw

why not set up a tapas bar, and keep the "theme" more as good food? (ast 80, you've seen and done most of it...)instead, why not go thru family photos and do a memory page?

i found this site...

http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/wine/tapas.html

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 2:21PM
sharon_fl

You could use the Mexican flag colors to decorate in. Use a Mexican serape (blanket) as a tablecloth. For fun-create a pinata for your birthday guy to hit but because of his age-cover the pinata in several layers of tissue paper-easier for him to break. Inside could be gift items for him! Denture cleansers, chap stick, life savers, crossword puzzle book, etc-stuff he'd enjoy.
Serve a pot of Mexican chili with a salad & pita bread halves...and a Mexican cake of some sort. Get a big sombrero & use as a centerpiece-lining it with plastic wrap & placing tortilla chips in it with salsa bowl to the side.
It would be cool if you could locate a supplier who carries Mexican jumping beans and use them as favors for the guests-maybe wrapped in bright tissue paper along with some candies of some sort.

Bookmark   March 15, 2007 at 1:42AM
salena

By spanish do you mean Spain or Mexico? That could make a big difference.

Bookmark   March 29, 2007 at 8:44AM
lbau506_msn_com

Spanish theme, My dad will be turning 80 yrs old and he is from Puerto Rico, any ideas for decorations and entertainments. Thank you for your ideas.

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 8:24PM
More Discussions
Going to dinner as a guest tonight
My husband asked our host and his latest girlfriend...
ilovepink
Help! Baby Shower Gift etiquette?
I need some help here as to proper etiquette. God this...
caboomer
Holiday dinner with divorced inlaws.
Once again it is a holiday dinner coming up and I always...
grandmamary_ga
Guests always bring along a dog
How would you handle this? My wifes long time friend...
Don_
Mosquito problem
Our house is on 7 wooded acres; the mosquito problem...
cheerful1_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™