Rehearsal Dinner Help

kitchenredo08March 9, 2009

Hi - I'm new here, have spent many months on the kitchen forum as we have just about completed a new kitchen. My question - my son is getting married in May and I will be hosting the rehearsal dinner at our home (we want to show off the new kitchen). Any suggestions on what to serve - it will be a group of about 35. I'm could always do a BBQ with burgers and chicken and salads, but would like to consider other options. I'll do most of the work myself - I love to cook and will have lots of help from my nephew (a chef) who will be staying with us. Any ideas for a menu????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Wow....I would be doing top of the line casual....like a whole beef tenderloin or 2 grilled and served sliced to order at the buffet....with a huge tray of fat shrimp, garlic mashed potatoes, a salad of spinach abd baby lettuce with strawberries and balsamic vinaigrette, perhaps asparagus quickly roasted ( or grilled if you have room on the grill) with sesame seeds and lemon.
How about a dessert buffet with a flourless chocloate cake, raspberry bars, lemon bars and...umm....something vanilla.
Will there be a cocktail hour? Do you need appetisers as well?
Linda C

Bookmark   March 9, 2009 at 7:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathleenca

Linda, what a great menu! I wouldn't change a thing.

kitchenredo, can we come?!

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 3:59PM
More Discussions
A dinner party to make new friends?
Hello everyone :) I've just moved house into a new...
Babowl
Holiday scheduling.
Am I justified? I invited my entire family including...
rjexit5
Worst visit ever
A friend and I were going out today, we live in different...
BGOS
Slow cooker or Crock pot
What's the difference? And which do you think is better?...
yborgal
4 letter words
We will be playing with only 4 letter words.One should...
kushy28
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™