magnavox 32' tv gremlin

ken1010November 17, 2007

model no. ms3252s431

chasis no. L01-1UAC-7638

hello,

my 4 year old magnavox 32" tv has broken down 3 times in the last 18 months, all with the same symptoms. the first repair lasted 15 months, the second only 3. i refuse to pay the repair place another $175 to fix it, since their warranty only lasts 30 days.

it starts the same every time; at first the volume bar will show up on the screen by itself and lowers the volume occasionally. the 2nd stage is the tv main menu will show up on the tv, and sporatically move thru the menu items with a mind of its own. I even checked with my neighbors, to make sure their remote wasn't fooling with my tv. the third wave it will do all of this then shut itself off. it will come back on via remote, but may only stay on for a few minutes. the final stage is it shuts itself off and won't come back on, and a quiet chirping sound comes from the back of the unit until i unplug it.

the repair owner was very vague when asked what the repairs were, saying only a power supply item was bad.

i was hoping someone out there could advise on which parts to try and replace. i will gamble $20 at radio shack, but will not pay the repair people again. problem is, our entertainment center only holds certain 32" tv's, and this is one of them.

please help! the wife has hidden my baseball bat, otherwise this tv would be in pieces right now! haha

thanks,

ken1010

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kelibozman

i have the same tv and it is doing the same thing. it is now at the point where it won't turn on at all and i hear a chirping sound. did you ever figure out what the problem was and fix it?

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 4:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken1010

not yet.... one gentleman on another forum suggested replacing the C2455 47uf@25v, but i'm a novice and don't know where that is..... i'll check back in if i get more info.

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 7:52PM
More Discussions
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
Where to buy cassettes for music
We still play cassettes in two of our old cars. I need...
loralee
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™