Philips magnavox 32PT563S37G / L01.1UAC-7638 on/off

bradnNovember 22, 2006

The problem is that when I turn my set on it shuts on and off repeatedly with a clicking sound. It may stay on for a while intially but before long it begins the on/off routine. Any help appreciated!

Brad

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
need2no

Brad,
I have the same problem. I was told that there may be a recall on these units, at any rate while I am investigating further I was wondering if you found a resolution for this problem. If so could please send me a heads-up.

Thanks-Daryl

Bookmark   December 4, 2006 at 11:59AM
thepagandaddy

model#27PT543S37A, Chassis#L01.1UAC-7368. A couple of weeks ago I turned on the t.v. and it flashed for a second then cut off but the green light was still on. I can hit a programmed channel button and it will click and sometimes come on then, but this morning it took seven tries before it came on. We purchased this t.v. in June 2004. It has been left on for quite a while at times because of my wife and I's opposite schedules after our daughter was born.

Bookmark   December 8, 2006 at 10:14AM
bradn

Unfortunately no ideas have been posted regarding this. Are there any other forums like this where I can try to get some clues?

Bookmark   December 17, 2006 at 5:23PM
rlato

Model#MS325S Chassis#L01-1UAC-7638 i'm having the exact same problems w/my crappy magnavox. it's an epidemic on these TV's. i will never buy another phillips/magnavox product. anybody heard of a cure or anything more on the recall? once i turn my TV on now it's just turns itself on/off on/off till i mercifully turn it off for good. mines just 3yrs old. am super pissed in michigan

Bookmark   February 9, 2007 at 11:06AM
dandog

OK I am assuming that your TV has lost its color-started shutting off-- gotten color bars on the screen etc. for some reason there is not enough ventilation in the TV causing an over heating problem , here is what to do , if you have the back off get rid of the metal shield that covers the circuit board , then in my case i cut a hole in the back panel with a hole saw and mounted a computer fan powered by a 12 v power supply to the cover ,this keeps the guts nice and cool and cures the problem ,use an outlet block with a switch in it to turn the TV +fan off and on this repair only costs about 20 bucks and is a lot less expensive than a repair man who cant fix it, mine would shut off after 20 min and you would have to unplug it to make it come back on again , now it runs all day no problem

Bookmark   January 25, 2009 at 10:55AM
More Discussions
Philips/Magnavox Tv Problems ?
To get assistance on Philips/Magnavox TV: Post the...
pee_wee
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
Sponsored Products
Thomas Lighting Wall Mounted Mission Wall-Mount 1-Light Outdoor Black Lantern
$99.99 | Home Depot
Philips Lamps Imagio 2-3/8 in. Tea Lights Off White LED Table Lamp 691266048
$69.73 | Home Depot
Philip Dining Table
Grandin Road
Ledino 3-Light Spot LED Track Kit by Philips
Lamps Plus
Philips Candles IMAGEO 5-3/8 in. Candlelights Clear Color LED Table Lamp with
$40.00 | Home Depot
Wayborn Philip Black Display Wall Shelf - WS004
$48.99 | Hayneedle
Thomas Lighting Outdoor Lanterns. Covington 3-Light Hanging Outdoor Painted Bron
$82.40 | Home Depot
Thomas Lighting Outdoor Lighting. Heritage 3-Light Outdoor Brushed Nickel Post L
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™