surprise party for my best friend

wigglyMarch 15, 2006

Hello All,

I belong to Pakistan and I have joined this forum today hoping to get some nice and doable ideas for a party I want to arrange. My best friend is turning 24 in April and I want to arrange for her a surprise birthday party. I have surfed the net in search of ideas and came accross lots of themes and invitation ideas and everything. I want to arrange something nice and different for her. I donot have a long guest list, just me, her siblings and parents and a few very close friends. I would welcome suggestions on themes (I was thinking of an arabian night theme where everyone can wear long robes, gowns etc), decorations, foods, even venues (all i can think of is her home). plus i was also thinking if a themed party is ok considering i donot have a lot of guests. just family and a few close friends maybe.

need good ideas please. help me out!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

How about a 50's party? Complete with American music like Elvis and Roy Orbison.....and The men wear jeans and white T-shirts and the girls either full skirts or straight skirts....
And you serve hamburgers or hot doge and milk drinks.
Have fun!
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: the fifties

Bookmark   March 16, 2006 at 1:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wiggly

Thanks Linda for the idea. I appreciate it. How about the decorations? What decorations could we have to represent a 50's party.

Bookmark   March 21, 2006 at 7:50AM
More Discussions
Gift for 80th. Birthday
We're invited to a restaurant for an 80th birthday...
suvgal
Awkward Baby Shower - Did I Handle It Correctly?
We've all experienced strange party situations, but...
Karen10125
Tipping a Personal Chef
I've been given a gift of having a personal chef come...
msbrandywinevalley
Centerpiece advice - White hybrid LA lilies
reposted in the Home Decorating Forum Here is a link...
bbstx
Preparing Roasted Chicken Beforehand
Hi! I have been reading posts from here for a while,...
Bev.Linda
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™