Shower Ideas

debbeeanneFebruary 17, 2004

I didn't know where to post this, but thought I would try here. My daughter is getting married in May and her sister, the MOH, is hosting a shower. They want to invite about 25 of my daughter's friends, and the idea was to make it a Personal Shower. However, she does not need 25 sets of bras and panties, or negligees. We were trying to figure out a way to make the shower 2 different categories, like Day to Night, or Practical vs. Sexy. Does anyone have an idea on how to do this and to word it cleverly on an invitation?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

How about a boudoir shower....to include all things for bed room and bath.....like lotions and potions, towels, maybe his and her terry robes, as well as lingerie and nighties?
Linda C

Bookmark   February 23, 2004 at 10:52PM
chinacat_sunflower

what DOES she need? bath and bed stuff (sheets, pillows, towels?) kitchen stuff (a fondue set, good henckles knives?) is she a gardening freak who would LOVE a matched set of ceramic planters? is she a crafty girl who needs innovative storage bins, a new cutting mat?

: ) they went to my husband, who knows me best... who suggested power tools, since I'm the happy home-builder, and ogle things like detail sanders, a scroll saws, and cordless drills and the like... one dear old aunt gave me the reel mower her husband bought for their first house (she's a widower now, and uses a service- she even had the blades sharpened!) which was a dream come true for me- it's ELEGANT looking in a way that modern ones will never be!

Bookmark   March 23, 2004 at 1:46PM
arandygail

I know this is probably too late, but you could do a "round-the-clock shower" where each guest is assigned a specific time of day or time frame and they bring a gift that would be used at that time.

Bookmark   April 16, 2004 at 10:17PM
Busybody_T

I've heard of one shower where each guest was appointed a time of the day or night, and were to bring a gift suitable for the "time". Thought it sounded like fun!

Bookmark   April 25, 2004 at 1:38PM
More Discussions
Gift for 80th. Birthday
We're invited to a restaurant for an 80th birthday...
suvgal
Awkward Baby Shower - Did I Handle It Correctly?
We've all experienced strange party situations, but...
Karen10125
guests who just won't leave
I couldn't find a thread on this topic, so here goes... I...
swampwitch
Help! Baby Shower Gift etiquette?
I need some help here as to proper etiquette. God this...
caboomer
Centerpiece advice - White hybrid LA lilies
reposted in the Home Decorating Forum Here is a link...
bbstx
Sponsored Products
Redi Trench Shower Bases 33 in. x 60 in. Double Threshold Shower Pan in Black
Home Depot
Saratoga Cotton Shower Curtain
Overstock.com
Sample-Enchanted Folk Stone Marble and Glass Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Solid Teak Slat Shower Spa Mat
Overstock.com
Set of Four Shimmer Highball Glasses
$44.50 | FRONTGATE